• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Bunnies and eating

Smudge

Warren Scout
Our rabbits Bailey and Smudge were moved from their Winter home ( A playhouse in London) to their Summer home (big hutch and run in Birmingham) on Sunday.

They seem very happy in their new home and have experienced grass for the first time which they seem to love to eat!

Thing i was a little worried about is they don't seem to be eating loads like usual. Is this because they are eating grass? Or maybe it's the stress of the car journey on Sunday and their new surroundings? As i say they seem very happy and are running around fine :)

Any advice would be great :wink:

Cheers!

Oh and meant to say is it because of the warmer weather? Last time i saw them was January and they could eat for england in the Winter :lol:

hi

Hi

If they are grazing on grass daily, they wont eat as much dry food e t c as they will fill up on the grass, they may take a day or so to get used to surroundings, some get stressed but they should be fine.

Lisa

Thanks for your reply :)

I'm just quite shocked because Smudge usually runs off with her bit of carrot and apple as soon as it's put in for her and she hasn't even touched it today :shock: Maybe grass is her new 'carrot' :lol:

hi

Awwwwwwwwwww Bless

Well you know what they say about the grass is greener, they do love grass obviously cos they are instinctively wanting to eat it.

I think maybe dont let them stuff all day, im not sure how long they are on it?..

Sweety

My bunch hardly touch dried food or veggies during the summertime.
They love their grass, and are forever munching on it and my plants :lol:
I wouldn't worry, just watch their feeding habits carefully for the next few days and change it according to their demands.

Glad to hear they made up to Birmingham to be with you!

I am sure they will be ok, probably too busy taking in their new surroundings. If I put my bunns somewhere new or just somewhere where they dont go often they tend not to eat as much. Far too busy for that!!!

Just to update, both bunnies are eating fine now :D

They didn't eat much when it was extra hot the past few days but sure made up for it when it got cooler. I think the cooler weather has put the devil in Bailey though as he tried to escape :shock: (see gen chat :lol: )

Thanks all!

Back