• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Looking for a Lionhead!!! North East England Area!!

Vianne

Warren Scout
Hello,

After the sad loss of my stunning Lionhead rabbit Jasper, his companion a small and very friendly lop bunny - Lilly is all alone.

I am now looking to give a very very good loving home to a Lionhead bunny. The bunny will be bonded with Lilly.

The bunny will have access to a huge 14 x 12 foot run in the garden, and then will be brought into an indoor double decker hutch/in the house over night. My rabbits are fed on quality feed - Science Selective, and are given fresh hay, vegetables, and of course water! etc daily. I use an excellent vet. I will vaccinate and get the bunny neutered - if he needs to be.

If anyone knows of a fluffy lionhead bunny in the North East area (Teesside) looking for a loving home, please contact me!! I will be willing to travel up to 25 around/out of Teesside to see him (if needs be) with Lilly. I must be able to bring Lilly with me to see how she gets on with the bunny before I take him - after all she has to live with him!!

Thankyou!!

Vianne Ive pm'd you about some rescue lionhead babies that are 8 weeks old. Gwen (bunny burrows) has just rang and left a message, a lady is desperately wanting homes for a litter of 8wk old lionhead babies and has given Gwen her permission to pass the number onto you. Ive pm'd you with the Tel no and texted you, let me know how you get on, so I can tell Gwen if she's still to look out for another lionhead for you.

Kerri XXX

Diddeen said:
any luck vianne?

Hi Diddeen, I know Vianne was waiting for a phonecall from this lady at 3pm, but she hadnt rang, so I told Vianne to ring her. Not sure what's going on, but this lady seems a bit of a pain to get hold of!! Ive texted Vianne and pm'd her but not heard from her. We'll keep you posted. xxx

Hello guys!

Well it's now been 2 days since I rang this lady!

I left my number with her as she said she was having some family problems - but would get back to me.

She still hasn't, I daren't ring her back incase her family problems are really bad, and also she did sound a bit scary!!

I might ring gwen at bunny burrows and ask for her advice, for all I know this woman could be handing these bunnys out to friends and family members!

I have 4 lionhead lops (mix breeds i bred) for sale. Hope you arent a fussy purebreed person as i always say : a bunny is a bunny give the mixes a chance.
My rabbits are so tame i handle them from day one, i breed to get some tame rabbits out there as most of the rabbits i have seen are mistreated byu the breeders, which makes me sick so im trying to bring some gorgeous tame bunnies into the world. So plz dont h8 me cos im a breeder. I handle them all the time everyday i spend as long as possible out there with my bunnies.
If your not interested then i hope you find ur dream bunny :)

Wabbit_heaven said:
I have 4 lionhead lops (mix breeds i bred) for sale. Hope you arent a fussy purebreed person as i always say : a bunny is a bunny give the mixes a chance.
My rabbits are so tame i handle them from day one, i breed to get some tame rabbits out there as most of the rabbits i have seen are mistreated byu the breeders, which makes me sick so im trying to bring some gorgeous tame bunnies into the world. So plz dont h8 me cos im a breeder. I handle them all the time everyday i spend as long as possible out there with my bunnies.
If your not interested then i hope you find ur dream bunny :)

I don't hate you cos your a breeder!!!

Whereabouts in england are you??? I'm going today to see this lady with kerri, the whole thing sounds a bit fishy to be honest - she supposedley had a mother who had to be out down but who gave her some baby buns including lionheads one of which was a boy who I was supposed to be going to see. Shes now checked again and theyre all girls - she said she must have given the boy away!! - I was like thanks for that.

However....she came up that she had a lionhead - boy - at five months old who is due to be neutred in 2 weeks. I said I would get him neutred/vaccinated etc and she was like no no ill do it because its all sorted with the vets now.....I find this a bit strange - that shes suddenly come up with this lionhead and wants rid of him but wont let me get him neutred myself????? Also she is fine with me taking lilly to see him but she was like "oh they wont get on you know" and I was like well how does she know??

Does anyone think she may have actually bread from this lionhead and now she has the babies???

I'm going at 1 o clock today with kerri for support......

If this whole thing doesn't work out I would be more than willing to come and see your lionhead bunnies if you live not very far away from me!!

Will keep you updated!

Hi Vianne
Have you phoned Gwen to see if she can find out any more about the babies?
Please don't give up on them - it can be frustrating getting hold of these rescues sometimes - but they need you to be patient. Even if they don't turn up there will be others needing you.
Unfortunately nowadays people are so used to getting what they want, when they want they aren't prepared to wait (not saying this is you!). They get fed up waiting for the right rescue to turn up and go and buy one. Sadly, the perfect little one is out there waiting for you to find him. All he can do is sit and wait. :cry:

Hello!

I found out that all pf her babies are girls!! So I can't have one!! But she does have a 4 month old lionhead who she is looking for a home for (story above your post!) so I am going to see him will kerri and lilly today!

Will keep you posted!

Sorry, we posted at same time so didn't know you'd already answered!

You might be able to find out a bit more when you go. It's very hard to get the truth on phones.
If she wants money I would be suspicious but if she's getting him neutered then to give her money towards that would be OK.

Good luck!

Hey Vianne

I have emailed Gwen about the horrible conditions those buns were being kept in, and I may even ring the rspca, I am quite shocked and disgusted over the stench of the place and the tiny hutches those poor animals were being kept in. :(

I'll let you know what she says.

So glad we were able to get "Alfie" out of that place, and he's going to have a loving spoilt rotten life with you and Lilly. Glad he's had a bath - he'll be feeling better already. :D

Take Care Vianne. xxx

Hi Vianne, how are Lilly and Alfie getting on now?? If you do a search for bonding on here it will come up with loads of tips on getting them to settle together, and Gwen would be able to bond them for you in return for a donation.

Sometimes some bunnies just take longer than others, I've always had bunnies that have bonded from day one, but it was a big shock to me too when Ralf and Poppy just didnt hit it off!!

If it doesnt work I would give this bunny to Gwen and she will find him a good home, but I really wouldnt take him back to that horrible place - Id hate to think of him being taken back there. :(

Ive emailed Gwen to tell her about the situation and to ask if she'd rehome him for you if it really doesnt work with him and Lilly.

Are you going to take him to the vets for a thorough checkup tomorrow? I'd ask them to confirm whether he is actually a boy too as that lady really didnt seem to have a clue about anything much and I was quite angry when she picked him up by his ears and bum!! :evil: That comment she made about "Id rather have them put to sleep than give them up to a pet-shop - as pet shops are cruel" was just beyond belief!! Oh but putting down a perfectly healthy rabbit is not cruel!!

keep me posted. xxx

Well!!

Lilly and "Alfie" got on fine at the place I got him from - however - when I got them home all hel broke loose!!

They abslutley hate each other! I've been to Gwen at Bunny Burrows with him and she's confirmed hes definitley a boy. I've managed to get some weight on him, he eats grass like theres no tomorrow!!....and because he's no longer scared and has turned into a very cheeky (but very cute) little monster he now fights Lilly back!

After a week of having them seperated all day in 2 different runs right next to each other and having them sniff each other, I decided that yesterday I would try and bond them. I put them both out in the garden because it is quite big and the run is Lilly's territory, and they were fine when they were hopping about exploring.

I was just getting my hope up that they wouold get on when all of a sudden there was small circling, fur flying, growling, jumping on top of each other.

I seperated them by putting a soft broom in between them when they started fighting again.

I left them both in the garden for a good 30 mins to see of they would settle and warm to each other but it didn't get any better.

I really don't know what I'm going to do because I feel like Lilly may not get on with anything!!! I think I may have to see if Gwen at Bunny burrows can rehome him for me :( because it's not fair to keep them like this (and also lilly is getting stressed out when she has to go in the smaller run for the day) and it's not fair on either of them.

Don't despare this is so normal. Keep going as you are little and often and making sure they can always see/smell each other.

If you can't stand the stress of it would Gwen (or someone) help you by taking them and bonding them somewhere different?

It's very early days, don't give up yet.
It will be worth it when they are happy together.

Yes Gwen said she would bond them for me - or try to!! But she said that they may bond at her place because it is neutral terretory, but she could not garuntee that once I got them home they would still be friends :( Am just going outside now to try again!

Back