• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.
  • Please Note - Medical Advice

Please keep in mind that posts on this forum are from members of the public sharing personal opinions. It is not a replacement for qualified medical advice from a veterinarian. Many illnesses share similar symptoms but require different treatments. A medical exam is necessary for an accurate diagnosis, without which appropriate treatment cannot be given.

You should always consult your vet before following any suggestions for medication or treatment you have read about. The wrong treatment could make your rabbit worse or mean your vet is unable to give the correct treatment because of drug interactions. Even non prescription drugs can do harm if given inappropriately.

We are very grateful to members who take time to answer other members questions, but please do be clear in your replies that you are sharing personal experience and not giving instructions on what must be done.

Urgent Medical Advice: If you need, or think you might need, urgent medical advice you should contact a vet. If it is out of working hours phone your vet's normal number and there should be an answer phone message with instructions on what to do.

Me again!

bugaluggs

Young Bun
I need you guys again!

Okay, Mo has pneumonia but seems to be responding to the medicine I'm giving her but she just seems so depressed. Her zest has really gone. And she's doing very strange things in her cage, she keeps pushing all the sawdust, hay and food to the edge of her cage and lying down on the bare wood. I'm getting really concerned about her behaviour. Has anyone got any ideas what could be happening?

Hugs

XxX

Mine have always moved their bedding out the way and laid on bare plastic in their cages.. i always assumed they were getting too hot.
I dont have any experience of bunnies with pneumonia so afraid i cannot give any advice. Is she an outside bunny?

Thank you for your reply - yes she is an outside bunny. She's confined to her cage in the garage at the moment although I did put her in the garden this afternoon but she just lay there very uninterested. :( :( :(

aawww.. I hope she is feeling a little better soon. Maybe you could give her a teddy for a friend? Hopefully someone with experience may reply to you soon as there are quite a few of people who have had bunnies with this.

I'm devastated. I just went to check on Mo before going to bed and she's died. I've only had her 12 days but loved her so much already.

I'm so sorry, it is always hard when we loose one of our little friend and I'm sure you tried your best and loved her for the short time that she was with you.

Please don't blame yourself I'm sure there must have been another problem which she had before she came to live with you.
t
Bunnies are not strong little creatures and can be very hard to treat the pneumonia could have been a symptom of a bigger problem.

Big hug and be strong

Maureen

Aww poor thing, you tried you best and I am sure she knew she was loved whilst she was with you.

Caz

So sorry to hear this. I'm sure she knew how much she was loved. Binky free little bunny

another bun passed over the bridge :(

seems today is a very sad day, really sorry for you (just realised I only just noticed this on Wednesday)

Its especially hard when you've onluy had a bun for such a short period of time, it feels like you're missing out on so much time together.

thinking of you

Martin + Pam

Oh No! I am so very sorry :cry: :cry: You did all you could and in the short time that you had her you showed her love and compassion - that will not be forgotten by her and she will always wait for you at the Rainbow Bridge - she will not be forgotten by you as she will always be in your heart.
Run free Little Mo - run in the eternal sunshine and eat lots of the lush green grass - xxxxx

Thank you so much for your kind words. I've spent the last few days in tears and just so so sad. How on earth can you get so attached to a rabbit after only 12 days? But I did and I miss her. I rang the sanctuary to tell them and they were lovely. The lady who is head of buns said she'd just got some photos back of Mo that day and she going to let me have them.

XxX

Back