• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

pig sick of the arguments!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

bunnylove

Wise Old Thumper
i have had enough and if they are not careful they will all end up in the pot!!! :shock: :lol: :lol: :lol:

but seriously they are driving me mad! living in my house if like having 18 children rather than 2!

i have one big enclosure that i divided up in four, two buns live in one shed, 6 bunnys that live in another shed and 6 bunns that live in hutchs and 2 house rabbits!

so no one really has there own exercise space they have to share!!

but since hermonie is very big and litterally steps over the dividers in the enclosure, i have no choice but to let her run free in the garden until i can get the time to make them bigger!

but when she is out there the rest of the buns fight between them selfs, and it is not just her causing this everytime i put them in the runs they fight in the mornings and when the sun goes it.

does anyone else have this problem especially people that have lots of bunnies!

eve x

If they get on normally it could be a space issue, especially if they're used to having a lot more space than they have in the run :?:

Nix said:
If they get on normally it could be a space issue, especially if they're used to having a lot more space than they have in the run :?:

i would not say it was a space issue because there run is 10 foot x 6 foot each which in my opinon is plenty for one or two rabbits!!!

they are all ok during the day it just starts when you first put them in and when the sun goes down (there most active times of the day!)

i suppose it territorial i just assumed they would all get used to seeing each other all day but maybe not!

eve x

I suspect it is the sharing that is causing the trouble. Do you have a routine so that the same groups of rabbits go out at the same time? So they get used to the rabbits who are going to be in the run next door. I find there are varying levels of aggression between different buns. Often one will take a huge dislike to one neighbour, but go and sit on the other side of a fence from another. Trial and error may find you a less explosive mix to let out at the same time.

Mine don't have to share their space any more. Except that Isadora is having a few hours in the little buns run by herself to get used to the general hubbub of it all. Her latest bonding broke down when exposed to having other rabbits so close by :roll: The little buns aren't pleased about that, but they are well enough bonded themselves that it doesn't make them fight, they content themselves with trying to bite her nose throught the hutch door.

And if the evening becomes a real trouble time you could bring them in earlier until they settle down a bit.

But I know what you mean about being sick of fighting. I have had three rabbits on anti-biotics for nasty wounds this week from attempts at bonding and a gate left open :? :oops: Isadora is being a real problem. She doesn't seem to be able to resist nipping the bucks I try to bond her to. They start off fine with her, all submissive, looking loved up even, then after a couple of days of her nipping and trying to hump them they decide enough is enough and try to kill her :roll: No wonder her previous owner was in tears of despair when she gave her up to the corn stores because of her fighting :?

Some of your groups are fairly new to each other too aren't they? It might be an idea to only let them out one group at a time where that is the case. I know you want as many rabbits to get exercise as possible, but taking it slowly might be better all around in the long run.

I hope they all calm down for you.

i get this with opal and sky if another bun runs past there cage or run even if the other bun is in a pen too they will fight with each other nothing too bad but i think its jelosy especially with opal she has to get a look in with the other rabbit and wont let sky
becky

Back