• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

A&P Feed going down quite well

Phill

Wise Old Thumper
Hi Guys i moved the buns on to A&P pellets a week ago, there old food is nearly fased out! Now Three of the familys love it (Pan, Velvet, Holly and Toffee. Rex, Meg, Poppet, Lilly and Patch. Spot, Duff and the babes!) But Hester, Lavender, Milly, Plum and Wilbur still seem to be picking out the bits of there old food and not eating much of the A&P! :? when it comes to food they have always been fussy! Should i persiver (spelling) with the A&P for them? Or should i take them back to there old food? They eat plenty of hay, grass, treats and veg so they wont starve, but Hester has been a madam for the last couple of days, i think because she is'nt getting the food she likes! Plum, Milly and wilbur arn't to bad but Hester and Lavender are being pains in the bum!!!!! Ah What to do!

Little Devils arnt they? :twisted: I also started switching to A&P just over a week ago, Jess scoffs it down (she would eat anything you put in front of her :roll: ) Petey eats it but not as enthusiastically as he used to eat the burgess, Twinkle and Louis pick out the burgess and eat that, but leave the A&P, when all the burgess is gone, Twinkle will also eat the A&P as a last resort but Louis wont touch it!!!

Tricky bunnies :?

Im going to keep persevering with them though for now.

I'm thinking of changing my two onto this as well, not that what they are on at the mo is bad (Rabbit Royale) but I think that the fibre content on the A&P Natural Pellets is really good :D

rabbit Royal is what i had the buns on Mandy! :D it is really good feed but the fibre content of A&P is much higher and therefor better for buns tums!!! They can be fussy little bu**ers though! :twisted:

Amy was a bit picky with her A+P at first but now she gobbles it down!! She has been on it for about 3 months now - she looks really good and is doing well on it. The fibre content is def good - I'm gonna switch Princess onto it when her Excel is nearly finished as she isn't that keen on hay so the extra fibre should be good for her.

Nicola

Phill said:
rabbit Royal is what i had the buns on Mandy! :D it is really good feed but the fibre content of A&P is much higher and therefor better for buns tums!!! They can be fussy little bu**ers though! :twisted:

Sheesh it's worse than trying to feed kids :roll: :lol:

Hey guys!

Please could you list a few of the nutritional details of this food - i.e. fibre content, oils etc???

I've never heard of or seen this food before!!

Burgess sent me some info about fibre content in rabbit feeds and amongst all the info they sent was a scientific paper where the author had compared Science Selective to Burgess Excel (normal) and a feed I hadn't hear of called Xtra Vital and they found that the method of determining fibre isn't accurate as a lot depends on particle size and what form the fibre is in.

In the new tests they did Burgess came out as better than SS because of the larger pieces of fibre and the proportions on the better types of fibre were higher. But the crude fibre test that is the one stated on the back of the packets measures fibre in a more innacurate way.

For all I know Burgess may have sponsored the research but it is interesting to think that the fibre results we use to get the best feed for our rabbits may not be accurate.

I asked Burgess why the didn't sell lite in big packets and why they continued with the normal when the lite had higher fibre so they sent me tonnes of info about rabbit health, diet and digestion including some papers about how you determine what goes into a rabbit feed and why some ingredients are better than others.

Caz

Back