• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Nearly had a heart attack!! SKYE NOOOOOO!!!!!

Joob-joobs

Mama Doe
I was in the living room feeding the bunnies, as it's very warm I opened the sash window about 5 inches.

The next think I know is Skye has made a huge leap onto Joeys cage and then onto the windowsill!!!! She had one arm outside! We are on the 3rd floor!!

I shouted 'Skye no' and she sat still while I went to grab her. I'm still shaking now.

I would not have left it open without me being in the room, but I never expected anything like that to happen with me right there...... I've learned my lesson. I'll just have to stew this summer!

Please, if anyone is going to be leaving their windows open make sure there is nothing your bunny can use as a launch pad to get up there!

Sounds like Skye is keeping her mommy on her toes :wink: :lol:

Poor you, the shock must have scared you stiff! :shock:

Yes, there was nearly sweary words!

I'm going to have to make sure that my friend who is looking after them when i'm on holiday doesn't leave the window open.

lol! :lol: :lol: :lol:

bless them! Maybe she was just letting you know the window was open incase you forgot!! :lol: :!:

Oh my goodness, naughty bunny giving you a scare like that..they do seem to do the daftest things on occasions with no sense of fear,
Sounds like you need to install air conditioning in your flat or a wall fan perhaps?? :wink: :roll: :lol: :lol:

That is scary!!! Glad you got her back ok!

Lou managed to undo the catch on our window once, but it's still quite stiff to open luckily!

Hmmm - child saftey bars could be needed here by the sounds of it :shock: Blimey, what a shock :shock: I bet your heart is still going fast :?: :shock: :roll:

Hmmm - child saftey bars could be needed here by the sounds of it Blimey, what a shock I bet your heart is still going fast

I was just about to suggest saftey gates at the window...

great minds think alike ;)

I'm really not sure what's the best thing to use, they are sash windows so they only open about 5 inches from the sill to the bottom of the sash. I might ask my dad to build me something cause it does get very warm during the summer. If its got a mesh/netting then it'll keep the flies out too.

mine jump on the windowcill to i told my sis i bet they could jump up to opening part she said they cant but i dont risk it i think they could if they tried

lisa

Guess what happened to one of her babies... Shirley had them in the run and scooped them up to put in their cage. One of them must have missed and 4 hrs later when she came home she found him under the hutch waiting...HOW LUCKY!!! Must be a genetic daredevil streak

What a shock!!! :shock: I used to live in a bungalow that had a loft conversion. It got so hot up there in the summer that I had to keep both of the big windows open (one of which was a fire escape and could only be opened fully or kept shut!). I popped up there one afternoon and caught Treacle and Fudge sitting on the ledge of the fire escape :shock: I dread to think what could have happened if they'd decided to go exploring on the roof!!!

maybe something like a fly screen would be better than bars. Bunnies can squeeze into the smallest of places when they put their mind to it, plus you'd have the added advantage of no bugs getting in the room!

Back