• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Rabbit run and slabs.

leesabuntine

Warren Scout
Hi All
Not long had my rabbit George who is a house bunny.
I am wanting to get him a run since the weather is much nicer these days....in Scotland anyway!!
However I have no grass in either front or back garden. Just wondered if it was ok to let him out on just slabs. Should I put some of his toys in with him to keep him amused?
Also............
He has started chewing wires in the house do you think he is bored?When he is out during the day he just hides or lies down. My hubbys PS2 got chewed the other day :shock: ....he wasnt't amused.
I have bought plenty chew pieces and given him cardboard boxes but he isnt interested.Is it ok to go hunting for braches/twigs from trees beside me and give him them?
Any adice would be great!!!!

Leesa

I am sure it is more than fine, it will keep his nails down too!

What you could do it get a few seed trays (no compartments) and grow some grass seed in there so George can munch on that when out on the slabs.

Both of mine have runs on slabs, it does make it nice and easy to keep their runs clean as can be swept and washed out easily....plus it keeps their nails down......Also the buns like lying on the slabs in the summer as they are nice and cool.......

I have recently refurbed my runs with Slabs and concrete as alice says it does make for easy cleaning and the buns like to ly on it as i think it is wrmer than the grass XX

Back