• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

I'm horrified and so sad- Got report from council

loopylop

Wise Old Thumper
Hi guys,

Well, if you remember this thread

http://forums.rabbitrehome.org.uk/viewtopic.php?t=5465

then that is what I'm talking about. I went into that shop today and was HORRIFIED :cry: :cry:

Here is why:

* The cages were way to small for these buns

* They had 3 buns in total, there were 2 lionheads in the same pokey little cage and on shavings which were all over them

* Their water bottles were DISGUSTING and nearly empty (it is very hot here today)

* they were places underneath screetching birds - it just all seemed like chaos, those poor buns :cry:

How I left without crying, I will never know. :cry: :cry:

What can i do? Will writing to the trading standards agency help? I know that sweetie has already written to the RSPCA and they have said the cages are fine and an accpetable size :shock: :evil: :evil: :evil:

I really was disgusted by this pet shop.

Have you tried the local council? They licence/inspect petshops.

You could try getting some photos/videoo - your daughters doing a school project and needs pictures of rabbits. They help backup reports to places.

If none of the official routes work then try going to the local paper.

With things like empty waterbottles do tell the staff and don't be afraid to make a fuss until they fill them.

Tam

Hi all

Just pm'd this to you Laura but thought id put it on here anyway

https://www.consumercomplaints.org.uk/secure/complaint1.asp

complaint form for TS.

http://www.walsall.gov.uk/business/businesslicences/petshop.asp
Walsall Councils regulations for obtaining a pet shop licence

healthandsafety@walsall.gov.uk - email address for the appropriate dept at the council

http://www.walsall.gov.uk/contactus/contact.asp - complaint form for Walsall Council.

Im thinking now, that the complaint form for the council would be the first point of call, what do you think Tams and Laura??

Yep, local council issue the licence and if they aren't looking after tha animals correctly then they're breaching that so start with them. If you have both been in on seperate occations and have concerns then I'd suggest both of you write and complain as they might then take it more seriously.

Don't forget to include when you visited, what the problems were and how they can contact you.

Tam

Ive just filled in the Walsall Council complaint form. They say they acknowledge receipt with in 5 days and respond with in 15 so finigers crossed!

hi, i not far from u so i probs know the shop and think i know which u r on about as its sound familier, as there were loads of parrots 4 in one cage :shock: i was horrified and were all screachin one man aproched me and said dont u think this is cruel,
becky

Tree said:
No I don't now it. I know of another one similar in Merry hill.
yep that was the one i was thinking of
u been up recenly tree?
i rember it being quite a nice place but now its terrible :cry:
i mean have u seen all them parrots there is about 20 odd i mean who in dudley has parrots no one could afford them lol :lol:
becky

lmao, I haven't seen anyone buy a parrot in there, they have loads too. all of the birdies looked sickley last time I went in and they've so many bunnies in some of the cages :(

Tree said:
lmao, I haven't seen anyone buy a parrot in there, they have loads too. all of the birdies looked sickley last time I went in and they've so many bunnies in some of the cages :(
yep i saw 4 white parrots (cant think what they r called now) in one cage and the rabbits looked distressed as some wouldnt shut up screaching the dutch in there looked tiny they say they dont take them on till 8 weeks old.

Yeah I saw the dutch bunnies they are really, really small. Carys/Birdiebun saw one if the staff slap a bunny in there once, it really upset her.

Back