• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

how to use kittymalt?

bunnylove

Wise Old Thumper
hi have just bought some against the vets advise as he said he does think it work!

so would someone mind explaining how to use it? like for how long? and when? and who age? what it actually does? and why does the vet not think it works and you lot do!

thanks a million

eve x

This is what Adele wrote...
Kittymalt is something normally given to cats and kittens to help prevent furballs developing, it is a product based on natural malt.
We use it on all our long haired bunnies (and shorter haired bunnies less often) as a preventative.
It is sold in pet shops but make sure you buy the original flavour.
Squirt about an eighth of a teaspoons worth at your bunnies mouth once a week, to help move any fur that is building up from grooming in the guts.

I would use it once a week, to once a fortnight in short haired bunnies and once to twice a week in long haired bunnies

Sooty said:
This is what Adele wrote...
Kittymalt is something normally given to cats and kittens to help prevent furballs developing, it is a product based on natural malt.
We use it on all our long haired bunnies (and shorter haired bunnies less often) as a preventative.
It is sold in pet shops but make sure you buy the original flavour.
Squirt about an eighth of a teaspoons worth at your bunnies mouth once a week, to help move any fur that is building up from grooming in the guts.

I would use it once a week, to once a fortnight in short haired bunnies and once to twice a week in long haired bunnies

thanks sooty is that for life?

eve x

I just give mine it if their poops start getting smaller when they are moulting. Nala will lick it beautifully off the tube but simba goes nuts as soon as i get the tube out the cupboard so i suck some up a syringe and squirt it directly into his mouth once we've had a little scrap getting it near his mouth.. Luckily he dont need to have it too often. :roll:

Back