• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Newcomer

Forbsy

New Kit
Hi there

I have just stumbled across this website and it is great!

Unfortunately I am having to rehome my rabbit (my third child!!). We only found out last week that we are emigrating to Australia. Although very nice and exciting, it is sad that I am having to rehome my lovely Oscar. The flight would be too much for him as I am sure you can all imagine. I have posted him on the rehome section if anyone wants to have a wee peek at him- he is adorable!! I used to have two rabbits - Hollie and George. George passed away, so we got Oscar to keep Hollie company and then 2 years later Hollie also passed away. So now Oscar is on his own.

We are all devasted that we still haven't found him a home. We are now on plan E. All our other options have been with friends who have rabbits but none of them have accepted him. They were all mean to him and kept attacking him. Any suggestions on what to do would be very helpful.

Cheers

Lisa :?

Hi,

Congrats on your Australia news, but very sad that Oscar can't go with you.

Do you have a link to his page on RR? What age is he? Breed? Colour? Neutered?

It's a shame that all your previous plans for him have fallen through, hopefully he'll find a new home soon.

Oscar

Hi,

We are all very excited about our move. Luckily over the years most of our animals have past away (dogs, hamsters etc!!) but we have just our rabbit and a hamster (Rocky the hamster has now found a new home with our next door neighbours. A few people have offered to have Oscar but when you tell them you can't just stick him at the bottom of the garden in a hutch and needs to be seen to at least twice a day - they all run a mile!!

I'm afraid I don't know how to put a link so you can search for him under Sussex West, which is located right on the south coast.

His personality is just so lovely - apart from my family I am leaving behind (parents' in Scotland!) giving him up is the worst part of our move.

Hopefully someone who can care for him properly will pop up soon.

Take Care

Lisa Forbes

Oscar

Thanks everyone - he is so lovable, and has such a gentle nature. I hope whoever has him, loves him as much as I do!!

Fairlight Rabbit sanctuary have said they MIGHT be able to help me out with Oscar and said they would pair him up with a girlie!!

Does anyone know if they are a good sanctuary??

Thanks

Aww! He is lovely! I'm sure some lovely bun mom/dad will snap him up soon, how could you resist? (The only reason I can't is my o/h won't let me... grrr!!!!)

he is lovely, I would love to take him but Im in Glasgow - too far away I think :cry: , are you giving his hutch with him?

hi

hi I just got my bun 2 days ago, her name is puppy champloo and she's a grey one ear flop...I actually live in the states, if thats ok. I really lke this forum so far...

Oscar

Hi everyone,

We are in Worthing - probably too far from both Glasgow and Gloucestershire!!

Shame only got 3 weeks on Friday until we move out of our house!!

He is at the moment lying sunning himself at the side of my sun lounger!!

He is so lovely - still wish we could take him with us.

Back to sorting out all our junk in the loft!!
Lisa

new comer

hi just joined today,

i have two rabbits that i rescued last year as babies,they are two lionhaired females one is a blue smoke and the other is blue pointed. they are smokey jo and lightening my babies aka double trouble lol :wink:

Oscar

Hi Sooty

Unfortunately Oscar really does not like the car, otherwise that would have been okay - my parents live in Dunfermline and am used to driving up a couple of times a year!

Another worry I would have is, he wouldn't get on with your rabbits and I really want him to have a little girlfriend to snuggle up to!!

Thanks though, everyone is so lovely and kind on this forum.

Lisa x

Oscar

Yes, his hutch is to go with him and all his other accessories (carrier, bowls etc). His hutch is at the moment inside a childrens playhouse that is carpeted and has a litter tray in the corner (which he does use!).

Unfortunately the playhouse is not included but the 4ft hutch is and is in brand new condition as he is rarely in it.

I really would like him to go to a knowledgable rabbit owner - perhaps someone who only has a little girl at the moment!!

Thanks chaps xxx

Oscar

Thanks to everyone who contacted me about Oscar. Unfortunately he still doesn't have a permanent home, but fortunately Raystede Animal Sanctuary have a place for him where he will have a 6ft hutch and 18sqr metres of run and then they are going to try and find him a wee girlie!! Fingers crossed he will get a lovely home.
Lisa

Back