• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Ordering bunny munchies online?

podlet

Warren Scout
Hello bunny-folk!

Just wondering, do any of you stock up on bunny supplies ordered online?

We adopted Binks last Thursday - this is the link to some pics when we were house-sharing with him and friends in Wimbledon - http://forums.rabbitrehome.org.uk/viewtopic.php?t=3915&highlight=binks

Unfortunately, Binks' Supa Rabbit Excel only found its way over to us today. This meant that we had an insanely difficult weekend trying to feed our bunny -- he must be the fussiest rabbit in the known universe!!!

We got him other branded rabbit pellets for the weekend, and he wasn't going to have any of that. For every 20 pellets he scratched out his bowl, he ate one. My boyfriend and I were resigned to the fact that we had to go out and forage through people's gardens looking for dandelions!! Binks *loves* dandelions! We were marginally concerned that we would raise some eyebrows, but I was convinced that people wouldn't mind having us voluntary weeding their front lawns!!

Anyhoooo, to avoid this all I was wondering if it wouldn't be easier to order petfood online, and thought that an online forum might be the best place to ask :))

*bunny bounces*
podlet.

from your message is it safe to assume you are in the middle of nowhere?

I have a pets @ home near me and I buy all my food/hay toys from there. Online places just charge too much postage for it to be worthwhile.

I've also found a garden centre that sells Excel and also my vet sells it.

heh, not actually the middle of nowhere at all... SE London :)
Thought it might be an option though... goodness only knows how many parcels I have struggled up this hill with though....

Thanks for the suggestions though!
Will try find my nearest Pets at Home

podlet.

You're in Telegraph Hill aren't you? I remember your thread about asking for a vet. I used to live at the top of Jerningham Road (which should be renamed a mountain).

There is a Pets at Home on Blackheath Road, just after Deptford they sell SupaRabbit. Or a much better option is Animal Supreme in Lewisham (just opposite the swimming baths) they sell it but sometimes its a good idea to preorder it in. They are very helpful and will also deliver - only on a Wednesday afternoon tho, but if you phone up before about lunchtime on Tuesday if its in stock you'll get it the next day - they even bring it all the way into the house for you. If you can't find them let me know and I'll dig out their number/address. Its easier than ordering if off the internet cos you know when its going to turn up so you can wait for it, rather than hoping you're in when it does.

Where abouts in Telegraph Hill do you live?

Don't forget you shouldn't swap and change a rabbit's food as it can cause digestive upset and may lead to stasis, any changes should be gradual so he probably knew best by avoiding the other pellets until his own arrived.

Caz

Back