• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Kittymalt - where to get it ?

Martin E

Warren Scout
Saw Kittymalt referred to in another post, and rather than hijack that one I've started this one...

Is Kittymalt generally available ? or do you need to get it from a Vet ?

Jaro is showing signs of slowing mobility in his gut - smaller and less poo, although he is still drinking lots.

a couple of poos have been 'necklaced' together with fur so its probably a build up of hair from malting (we're brushing him twice a day - but there's a lot of hair there).

Just wondering whether Kittymalt will help, and how much to give him (1.4Kg weight).

We're going ot take him in to the vet tonight for checking - just wanted to arm myself with some facts first - esp on whether Kittymalt can be used.

thanks

Martin

Martin E said:
a wee blob

is that a metric blob - or an imperial one ?

:D

Nice one! We've been giving it to Charlie cos he is moulting his poos are being hard and small, my o/h was giving it to him the other day and asked me how much, I said about a pea size blob, he asked me if that was a small frozen pea or an M&S fresh pea. My answer - a baked bean size pea :? . Oh dear. They really should standardise the 'blob'.

I got mine from Pets@home. When i went to get some last week i couldnt find it anywhere.. it was on one of the little stands at the ends of the aisles that stick out a bit :roll: its always moving around that store :lol:
I usually give mine about 1.5-2mls. They never have the runs but they only have it about once a week or less so it seems to be ok for them but Adele usually recommends an 8th of a teaspoon im sure.

Child toothpaste blob..a bloblet..a wee dode.. a ....???? By the way, they either love it or hate it. I have one of each. With Sooty i make a "cabbage sandwich" and he eats it like that. Lolly licks it off my finger :wink:

so the consensus seems to be about a 'pea-sized blob' which would be about 1/8 of a teaspoon.

We'll try him out on a small bit tonight - how often should he be given it ?

Once a week / day ???

Our vet doesn't know anything about using kittymalt with rabbits, so he was unable to advise us.

thanks

Martin

Correct me if I'm wrong anyone, but I thought it was once a week :D

Been to P@H tonight and they've got none so I'll have to source somewhere else.

MandyM said:

Did you go to P@H in cannock? They had some last week, must be all us people on here from staffordshire making them sell out! lol :lol:

loopylop said:
MandyM said:

Did you go to P@H in cannock? They had some last week, must be all us people on here from staffordshire making them sell out! lol :lol:

Yeah I did, I'll see if they sell any by where I work in Albrighton.

Mandy, I will probably be in P@H this week, want me to see if i can find it before you order on line? I need to get some anyway! :D

loopylop said:
Mandy, I will probably be in P@H this week, want me to see if i can find it before you order on line? I need to get some anyway! :D

Bless you Laura, yeah if you don't mind, that'd be great, cheers :D :D

MandyM said:
loopylop said:

No probs! I will let you know, I might go this afternoon or tomorrow morning! :)

loopylop said:
MandyM said:
loopylop said:

No probs! I will let you know, I might go this afternoon or tomorrow morning! :)

Cheers me dears :thumb:

Did you ask in Pets@Home if they stock it? It took me ages to find it in mine as they'd moved it all around. Another petshop near me doesnt do Kittymalt but they do do other makes of stuff for furballs.

Back