• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Remember me!!

Rocket

New Kit
Hi some of you might remember from the post marked "Question for rocket".

I've been working for pets at home for about 4 months now and i have to say improvements have been made. Rabbits and guinea pigs are still kept together but they are closely observed by staff members throughout the day. We have noticed that guinea pigs are also bullies to other guinea pigs and we have to separate them as well, it is like a vacious cycle, it never ends. All i can say is we try are best in terms of animal welfare.

If anyone has any questions let me know, i will try and help?

Hi Rocket im glad to hear that things seem to be slowley improving! I would like to now though do the buns and pigs stay in there store runs overnight? Or are they taken to secure cages through the back? We had a dutch bunny 3 years ago who got handed to me by one of the supervisors in my local P@H as they couldn't sell him because at night he would escape and go running round the store only to be found in the morning with all sorts of cuts and scrapes! He looked like he'd been through a barbed wire fence when he came to us. It also worries me in my local store that the males can get into the females pens???? Could you mention this in any way to your store?

Hi Rocket... welcome back!! I can't remember if this was addressed before the posts went missing but what are they feeding the rabbits and the pigs on? I understand that they have totally different food needs.

Hey Rocket, I remember you! It is great to know there is a bunny and guinea friendly person there, one of the best ways to improve the lot of our 'small furries' is by example. I am a vegetarian living amongst, mostly, farmers, but they accept, and listen politely to me. (I believe!).
Just keep chipping away explaining the correct way as you believe it, that is all most of us can do anyway. Good luck and keep up the good work!!

Alice

Back