• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

garden muchrooms are they poisionous? why are they coming!

bunnylove

Wise Old Thumper
they are growing on my lawn so are they poisionous do you know and if so how do i get rid of them and why are they growing?

thanks eve x

im not 100% sure they r poisinous but i would say they r if not i dont think they would be good for ur bunnies iv had a few before now and i just pick them out but i dont think ur rabbits would eat them anyway musrooms usually grow in dark damp areas usually were there is moss but not in all cases
becky

Hi There,

My Fawn eats anything.... and she's still alive.

However... I found these bits of info. Sorry if they are not much help!

"One such inaccuracy is that species eaten by animals are safe.
Unfortunately, many poisonous mushrooms can be eaten with no ill effect by slugs, insects and even rabbits.
So, take care! Only use reliable information and never eat any mushroom if you have the slightest doubt."
(From: http://www.drcezanne.com/mushrooms.htm )

And very importantly....
http://www.gardenbanter.co.uk/printthread.php?t=8691&pp=40

Hope this helps!

It probably depends alot on what type of mushroom. Some are poisonous and some not. I'd remove them from any area the buns have access to just to make sure.

Tam

mushrooms

i have always found that my rabbits never eat anything they don't like, i think they have an instinct when something is going to make them ill, our garden had hedge down one side when we first came here but they never ate any, rabbits are quite clever really, well i think so anyway, julie

I get mushroom growing in the runs i just pull them out! I have no idea wether there alright for the buns or not, my dad is a keen mushroom fan and has every book under the sun all the mushrooms that grow in our garden are safe for human consumption but i don't know about buns so i just pull them all out XX

Back