• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.
  • Please Note - Medical Advice

Please keep in mind that posts on this forum are from members of the public sharing personal opinions. It is not a replacement for qualified medical advice from a veterinarian. Many illnesses share similar symptoms but require different treatments. A medical exam is necessary for an accurate diagnosis, without which appropriate treatment cannot be given.

You should always consult your vet before following any suggestions for medication or treatment you have read about. The wrong treatment could make your rabbit worse or mean your vet is unable to give the correct treatment because of drug interactions. Even non prescription drugs can do harm if given inappropriately.

We are very grateful to members who take time to answer other members questions, but please do be clear in your replies that you are sharing personal experience and not giving instructions on what must be done.

Urgent Medical Advice: If you need, or think you might need, urgent medical advice you should contact a vet. If it is out of working hours phone your vet's normal number and there should be an answer phone message with instructions on what to do.

COULD IT BE WARTS?

jennee

Young Bun
Hi everyone, it's me again. First off I'm sorry that I can't give much help to others but ask so many myself :oops: but I have no one else to turn to but you other rabbit lovers/knowledgable people :T.
I have this worry that is bothering me about my little Bonnie.. I looked at her foot today and there was a big pink mark so I looked carefully and saw this pink blotch with some kind of a wart or scab of some kind right in the middle of it that I didn't see/or fail to see yesterday.. she also has a tiny one on her back. When I first saw the one on her back I thought maybe she nipped herself too hard. But the foot, it looks pretty bad- to me at least. I don't think it may be Bambi (my mini-lop, because they get along so well together :?: )Does anyone have any idea what it could be? Would it be serious? Please help me!

-Jenn

Hi Jenn

Awwww Little Bunsters - they are such a worry arn't they :wink:

You didn't mention if the pink area was on a Hock (rear foot) or one of your bunnies front feet.

If its the rear it might be that your bunnies foot has developed a hock sore which can be caused by a number of things but if it look sore and scabby then it should be checked out by a Vet who can prescribe some cream for you and at the same time your Vet can check the one on her back.

I would doubt that they are related - i.e warts but you never know - best pop Bonnie to the Vets for some advice.

Hope this helps.

I took one of my buns Harley to the Vets on Friday as she has got a wart on her side, he has reccommended I use tea tree oil or even a wart remover cream, He said that they could surgically remove it but to try the other options first.

oh nooo.. I have a feeling Bonnie is a tiny little piggy bank- I'm gonna have to keep pouring money into her :lol:

The scab was on her rear foot on the top of her foot. We don't have wired cages they run free in one section of our house with lino floors. :?:

*sigh* better get her checked out huh? She sure is an expensive lil gal :lol: :roll:

Back