• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

bail of hay?

kmcworm

Warren Scout
does anyone buy a bail of hay from a farm rather than from a pet store, if so how much does it cost for what size?

If so does anyone in the Glasgow area know of farms that will sell a bail?

cheers

Hay

I buy a farm bale and it's £2.50.
They are really good, but you do get the occasional dusty one.
I've always bought a farm bale and my bunnies and piggies love it!

I but it by the bale and its £3 for a huge bale of organic and every bunny and pig that it goes to loves it :wink: sorry its in Surrey though but there must be farms near you

I buy bags of hay from the pet shop but it's from a farm in Airdrie, I'd imagine that they would sell bails if you contact the farm directly. I'll look out the bag and get back to you. Or is Airdrie too far away?

Hi Julie,

no Airdrie is not too far away (Im in Kirky), how much were they asking for it and how big is it? I am getting vivid images of massive bails of hay strapped to the roofrack! :lol:

Think it's a couple of quid for a big bag.
Is there no farms with horses near you? I'd think they would be able to get you a bale.

Look up the yellow pages for horse supplies. They will sell you it too. There are farms by me (Falkirk) with signs for hay so maybe its worth a drive around?

hi there

I am now the owner of two bails of hay, phoned round a few farms, went to two, the first said a quid each, which I thought was good, until I went and she said they were over three years old :? , talk about yellow, fry and dusty, so I went to another farm and got hay that looked nice and greenish, for £3, happy bunnies :D

Tries a few horse places but they only had the massive round bails :(

kmcworm said:
hi there

I am now the owner of two bails of hay, phoned round a few farms, went to two, the first said a quid each, which I thought was good, until I went and she said they were over three years old :? , talk about yellow, fry and dusty, so I went to another farm and got hay that looked nice and greenish, for £3, happy bunnies :D

Tries a few horse places but they only had the massive round bails :(

3 years old!!! :shock: :shock: :shock:

Blimey 3 Years!!!!!! I get my hay from the local farm it costs £3 a bail and it's lovely and greeny coloured!!!!

Back