• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

House Rabbit Need loving Home

kayj

Wise Old Thumper
I have taken in a house bunny tonight from an old lady who has Senile Dimentia, It was one of the hardest rescue's I have done as the poor old dear was really upset.
The bunny is a lop eared female age approx 3yrs she can't remember, she can't remember whether it has been vaccinated or neutered but has been to the vets. I am going to phone the Vets tomorrow to find out the exact details. The bun has lived with a dog and cat but the cat was frightened of the bun and wouldn't come downstairs. If anybody can offer a forever home for this poor bun then please get in touch.

After speaking to the lady to give her an update on the bun, I have found out that she use to be an outside bun. I have her in a shed and she has really adjusted well, she also loves playing in the garden. If anybody is interested in having her as an outside bun then she will have to go to a new home sooner rather than later so she can adjust completely for winter.

I have contacted the ladies vets this morning but they haven't got the rabbit registered only her other animals she has. I would say the bun is approx 3years old, I really hope she can find her forever home soon as I have two house buns myself and therefore she is in one of my sheds at the moment. The lady said that the bun loves watching television. She is absolutely adorable. I know it sounds awful put I would sooner go and do a rescue where the owners have got fed up or just don't want it, me and my oh came out and were nearly crying.

Poor you and poor lady :( , at least you all know its for the best in the end. :)

What has happened to her other pets? Have they been picked up by another rescue?

Her dog and cat are in their very senior years, and it wouldn't be fair on them to rehome them or the lady so she has somebody coming into see to them, None of her pets have been neglected in fact quite the opposite.

I'm full up at the moment (my allowance is 4- O/H not a big animal fan).

I would of gladly helped you out, as long as it was litter trained. But the O/H says 'No way,bunnies belong outside' :cry: :cry:

Mmmm it's tempting as i now have a spare cage aftyer buying my bunny a new dog crate. My bunny is NOT neutered however so they would need to be kept seperate and my house isn't that big. I'm debateing getting Skip done but I don't know if i can put myself though it. If you have real probs there a chance i could take her.......

Thanks guys for all your offers of help but I don't want the little bun to have to much upheval going from one place to another I would rather keep her until I can find her forever home. I have phoned the ladies carer tonight to let her know she has settled in and she told me that she hasn't always been a house bunny, she is litter trained though as she is using one here.
Please don't think I don't appreciate your help as I do. By the way mad cat bunny If I keep her until you bring your buns, who knows I am sure you can be persuaded

Kay

kayj said:
By the way mad cat bunny If I keep her until you bring your buns, who knows I am sure you can be persuaded

Kay

Its the future husband who needs persuading not me, I'd have another 4 if he'd let me :lol: :lol:

I'm going to bring him up when we drop my bunch off.
You could always persuade him to get me one as a wedding present :lol: :lol:

Honey as now found her forever home, and if you have read the previous threads you will know where to look if you want to find out who the new owner is. :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

kayj said:
Honey as now found her forever home, and if you have read the previous threads you will know where to look if you want to find out who the new owner is. :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: F A B news xx

Back