• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Ebay guinea pig

Hiya
Janice is away till late tonight. I'll speak to her tomorrow and see if we can get there - Kent's not too far from here, well it is but at least it's nearer here than you are!
How much did you pay?

donna-arc said:
Hiya
Janice is away till late tonight. I'll speak to her tomorrow and see if we can get there - Kent's not too far from here, well it is but at least it's nearer here than you are!
How much did you pay?

I paid 10p including the 4ft hutch :shock: . I will ask on dogpages to see if anyone can get him to you.

Cheryl

donna-arc said:
I think that's probably the best 10p you've ever spent!
Be great if someone could help with the journey.

cheryl do you actually have to give her 10P? :oops: i think she should give you 10pence and some to take the piggy on! some people make me sick!

bunnylove said:
donna-arc said:
I think that's probably the best 10p you've ever spent!
Be great if someone could help with the journey.

cheryl do you actually have to give her 10P? :oops: i think she should give you 10pence and some to take the piggy on! some people make me sick!

Its ok, I paid by paypal so they lost out as paypal take a minimum of 25p for fees :lol: :lol: :lol:

Cheryl - I live in Clapham, its about a 45 minute drive from Erith. I could look after him for a little while if you want. I was waiting for my other half to come home to ask him, he's happy to foster the little guy until someone can get him to you (he's gone to ask the bunnies for their opinion :D ). He also suggested that we put him in the buns old feraplast cage so that he could be indoors with us. He could live in our spare room, we're in there a lot with our computers so he'd have chance to run around and have company.

I haven't had a guinea pig since I was a child, so might need a bit of advice on feeding etc but am happy to learn.

I wouldn't be able to drive over to Erith to fetch him until early evening on Sunday as I'm away for the weekend. Let me know, and I'll go measure my car to make sure the hutch fits in (I've only got a little peugeot 205). I'll PM you my mobile number just incase.

well wasnt that person super sneaky!! by only putting a pic of the hutch and not showing the animal they got away with that listing.

some people are just plain sick

I think we were going to take him for Cheryl, but if you could pick him up I can easily get to Clapham to get him from you.
Unless of course you fall hopelessly in love, get him neutered and I bring you a lovely new girlfriend for him! :lol:

Pants, I've just measured the back of my car, unless the hutch is only 13 inches deep then it won't fit in. ie it'll fit in on its back, but because it'll be right up against the back of the car then it'll stop the tailgate closing, and I think its 15 inches deep. (its the same as this one....http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&category=63513&item=4385550084&rd=1). Poo. Sorry! I shoudl have measured the car first!

Do you need the hutch? I'm happy to go pick the piggy up on Sunday, he can live in the spare bunny cage while he's here and then I'll bring him to Twickenham for you the following weekend.

The owner can then resell the hutch on its own?

I kinda feel that I don't want the owner to be able to sell the hutch and make money. He doesn't deserve it.
Does your front seat fold down so it can go length ways into your car?

donna-arc said:
I kinda feel that I don't want the owner to be able to sell the hutch and make money. He doesn't deserve it.
Does your front seat fold down so it can go length ways into your car?

Erm, yes, however, I'd then have to go on my own, and quite sensibly I don't think its altogether safe to go to random peoples houses alone. No one else has a car to come with me, and I can't expect Steve to cycle back! :shock:

Must say that it did cross my mind about them making money out of it too.

No, cycling back from Kent is a bit too much to ask!!!
I have got a couple (but not many) of free hours tomorrow but none over weekend (lots of veiwings booked, which is always good!) Is is better for me to go tomorrow and get piggie and hutch or leave it to Sunday (much easier!) and just get piggie? Also depends on whether owner is there tomorrow.
I have asked Cheryl what the owner sounded like - whether he'd wait or not.
Whatever happens, it's really kind of you,Bev to offer. x

I have emailed asking if Sunday is ok and waiting to hear back. There is no contact address or telephone number on the ebay checkout which is really annoying as this means I have to wait for them to email me back :evil: . Will let you know as soon as I hear back anyway.

Bev - what time on Sunday are you able to get accross there?

Cheryl

omg, that poor piggy. Well done Cheryl.

Wish I was closer to help out, hope you guys can sort something,

Good luck! :D

What a lot of lovely hearts on here

love_003.gif
love_003.gif

Back