• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.
  • Please Note - Medical Advice

Please keep in mind that posts on this forum are from members of the public sharing personal opinions. It is not a replacement for qualified medical advice from a veterinarian. Many illnesses share similar symptoms but require different treatments. A medical exam is necessary for an accurate diagnosis, without which appropriate treatment cannot be given.

You should always consult your vet before following any suggestions for medication or treatment you have read about. The wrong treatment could make your rabbit worse or mean your vet is unable to give the correct treatment because of drug interactions. Even non prescription drugs can do harm if given inappropriately.

We are very grateful to members who take time to answer other members questions, but please do be clear in your replies that you are sharing personal experience and not giving instructions on what must be done.

Urgent Medical Advice: If you need, or think you might need, urgent medical advice you should contact a vet. If it is out of working hours phone your vet's normal number and there should be an answer phone message with instructions on what to do.

rabbit insurance

busybee

New Kit
hi

was wondering if anyone could give advice on insurance for our 4 bunnies? any ideas if its worth it and if so who to use as our other pets are insured through tesco's but they don't insure rabbits?

any help much appreciated

Not much choice for rabbits. Pet plan seems to be it! Do a petplan "search" and more answers will come up

Problem with rabbit insurance they dont insure teeth which is where the problems and major costs arise.

Buddy had deformed teeth and would cost around £100 ever 5-6 months for ops.

Id be interested if anyone has found somewhere that does insurance that includes teeth!

I just bought insurance for my 2 bunnies. £180 :| and that was with a discount!!!!

It'd be quite a lot to insure 4 rabbits...if you haven't already got insurance and you try petplan for a quote, make sure they give you 2 months free for every rabbit. That's what I got :D (and that was after already having 6 weeks free)

We insure with Pet Plan. Check with them maybe they can do some sort of insurance for a group plan for all your bunnies.
Its worth a try.

With these insurers remember to read the small print, about how much you will have to pay before you can claim.

Love from Jet, Lui, Treacle (Alison and Stephen)

I just money into an account now in case of anything happening to any of them as insuring 5 bunnies would cost alot, plus my two piggies i save for as well

Jettychops said:
We insure with Pet Plan. Check with them maybe they can do some sort of insurance for a group plan for all your bunnies.
Its worth a try.

We would have had four assorted furries with Petplan, and thats when I decided to stop it - the multi-pet discount is negligible espcially when your premiums go up year on year and increase once your animals are classed as "elderly" (- I think its 5 years old for rabbits.) However it is a postcode thing so you might get a nice quote !

Hi

thanks for all your replies.

I looked at petplan's online quick quote and it was about 7.45 per month per bunny. (it also doesn't help I'm not sure what breeds all my bunnies are - I think 2 are english and one is very fluffy and another one has thick silky fur but these are babies still)

anyway i'm gonna keep looking around until i can either afford £30 a month or can open a bank account.

I've gotta take the fluffy bunny to the vets now anyway as his fur has started to have patches missing and I can't see a reason why (the bunny he shares with doesn't fight with him or anything) so looks like it could be an expensive visit!

Just to say hope all goes well tomorrow.

Usually the vets have leaftlets on insurance in their waiting rooms

Remember if the vet diagnoses anything tomorrow (today) it will be excluded in your insurance. Like Sooty and his snuffles

Back