• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

clean hutches

I think alot of people put down vinal/lino tiles, this makes it easier to keep clean than the wood. Also using a litter tray in the toilet corner makes cleaning easier.

Tam

Yes. Just restyled my friends hutch. Stick on tiles and litter trays where they pee. Big corner ones are good as they dont pee over the top :lol: :lol: :lol:

Any tips for keeping the big corner ones in place? Hermione delights in chucking hers all round the hutch! :lol: Roll on spay day, it can't come soon enough :)

Lynsey

I don't have any luck with corner ones - they always get thrown about. I've given up now and use ordinary cat trays. Most of them manage to get it IN the tray and not OVER the top.

donna-arc said:
I don't have any luck with corner ones - they always get thrown about. I've given up now and use ordinary cat trays. Most of them manage to get it IN the tray and not OVER the top.

We have drilled 2 little holes in sophie's corner tray and used plant wire to tie it to her dog crate!! :lol: It has certainly got her out of the habit of throwing it around!!!! :lol: :lol:

I was doing really well with the big corner trays but now the boys have come along they are keeping me guessing as to whether anyone will use them!!

I have got 2 corner trays in one hutch (one big and one small) which did work yesterday, but I am having to try several different ideas in the other hutch!!

I'm sure I will end up with a wide variety of litter trays!! :lol:

Ive given up with the corner tray, Fluffy keeps throwing it around, I used to have another ceramic pot like the food bowl that Fred (my beloved minilop RIP) was great at using

The corner tray I got when foster Dolce had a little hook on the top that clipped around the crate bars and kept it neatly in place. Dunno what brand that was though :?

Howdie Folks

I find the Vinyl Floor tiles make hutches much easier to keep clean - the double hutch we have is used for our two girlie piggies and they are definately not clean girlies but I norm pop some paper on the tiles, then some megazorb litter and then their hay and its dead easy to clean out as you just roll up the paper etc and bobs your uncle - you have a clean hutch again. The Tiles are easier to wipe over with spray cleaners too.

Back