• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Shock arrival Bramble and Thistle

SOAD

Wise Old Thumper
Look who turn up last night, my ikkle foster bunnies! :shock: :shock: :D :D

I wasn't expecting them for a few weeks, but they arrived early. Luckily after a mad panicky rush, as everything wasn't ready for them, we sorted out the hutches and made them a home. We put them into their run and let them find their hutch themselves (which they did quite quickly), then they would keep bounding out into their runs for a few binkys and back to sit in the bottom of their hutch again.
When I went to close the run off to go to bed they were sitting in the bottom level of their hutch I cover it with a plastic sheet and left them until this morning. When I went out to see them this morning they were still in the bottom, so I picked them up to put them upstairs part of their hutch and ouch I lost a chunk out of my hand, I see why the one is label aggressive now :lol: . I left them this morning bounding around the upstairs of their hutch, aren't bunnies daft they sat down the bottom all night without realising they could go upstairs? They are noisy too, make some right funny noises. They are so cute I love them, here are some pictures they didn't arrive until late so the piccies are quite dark.

a29d3273.jpg

e9a32bba.jpg

fe7481a5.jpg

c51d7ae5.jpg

6f45ddc4.jpg

8213f546.jpg

37bced6d.jpg

Pic013.jpg

f2dc9d90.jpg

896e5342.jpg

I'm so sorry this one didn't turn out, it would of been a lovely pic of one of them standing on their hind legs having a nose out of the run.

Pic008.jpg

Lol I was but there had been some confussion yesterday, think it was mostly my fault, before I had realised what had happen they had already left and were on their way to me. The hutches aren't finish yet, but we will finsh the other hutch, then pop them in there so we can finish the hutch they are in at the moment. They are so cute, I love them.

:D

Aww I'm so glad you like them! They're actually much cuter in real life than in the picture I had, aren't they?! One of them is a 'nasty' the other seems okay... but I think they're quite frightened of humans, though are very good at going in their hutch when shooed! :lol: :D As long as you aren't between them and the hutch, they go in fine! :D
I hope everything goes well Tree, you'll have to post us some daylight pictures soon! :D
Ang xx

They are so cute, they are very pretty in the flesh. Although the one bit me, she wasn't too bad when I actually had her in my arms, I was able to stroke her back without any bites, she was quite still for me (but think she may be leading me into a false sense of security, before she goes for my throat :lol: ). Lol I'm going to have to learn to pick her up without getting my hands anywhere near her mouth, as I got quite a nasty bite this morning, bless them. :D At least I know which one's which now, she is Bramble because she can be quite sharp :D Also don't they make funny noises I've never heard a pair of bunnies make so much noise.

To be honest, I didn't hear them make any noises, but I suppose it's difficult to hear when they're outside and there are all the other bunnies scratching, digging, eating, etc. :D When I got my foster bun, I couldn't believe how much noise he made. He honks when he cleans himself! LOL :lol: I've called him MacGregor. :D
You generally have to pick them up by the scruff of the neck and bum... otherwise they dig/bite at you and you can't get a hold of them. Though it sounds like you're doing fine! :D Those two have never been nasty to me, so I think they were lulling me into a false sense of security too! :lol: Must've been planning to bite me at some unexpected point! :D

Don't know untill I get home, if they are still sitting upstairs probably not :lol: . They squeak a lot and grumble.

awwwwww r they sweet they look really happy at ur home, u nearly have as many as me now lol :lol:
r they neutered??
becky

:lol: I've a few they aren't all more thou :lol: I don't know about neutering, maybe Ang could tell us?

Delphinum said:
To be honest, I didn't hear them make any noises, but I suppose it's difficult to hear when they're outside and there are all the other bunnies scratching, digging, eating, etc. :D When I got my foster bun, I couldn't believe how much noise he made. He honks when he cleans himself! LOL :lol: I've called him MacGregor. :D
You generally have to pick them up by the scruff of the neck and bum... otherwise they dig/bite at you and you can't get a hold of them. Though it sounds like you're doing fine! :D Those two have never been nasty to me, so I think they were lulling me into a false sense of security too! :lol: Must've been planning to bite me at some unexpected point! :D

:lol: :lol: :lol:

Back