• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.
  • Please Note - Medical Advice

Please keep in mind that posts on this forum are from members of the public sharing personal opinions. It is not a replacement for qualified medical advice from a veterinarian. Many illnesses share similar symptoms but require different treatments. A medical exam is necessary for an accurate diagnosis, without which appropriate treatment cannot be given.

You should always consult your vet before following any suggestions for medication or treatment you have read about. The wrong treatment could make your rabbit worse or mean your vet is unable to give the correct treatment because of drug interactions. Even non prescription drugs can do harm if given inappropriately.

We are very grateful to members who take time to answer other members questions, but please do be clear in your replies that you are sharing personal experience and not giving instructions on what must be done.

Urgent Medical Advice: If you need, or think you might need, urgent medical advice you should contact a vet. If it is out of working hours phone your vet's normal number and there should be an answer phone message with instructions on what to do.

Treacle and the operation

Mad_cat_rabbit

Warren Scout
Took Treacle in today for neutering or so I thought :roll:

I have had my suspicions for about 3 or 4 days now. SO when I took Treacle to the vet I mentioned my doubts. The vet nurse is a bunny owner, and took one look at Treacle and agreed with me. First she checked underneath for the meat and 2 veg. BUT shock :eek: horror no sign....

It turns out my he was a she, so Treacle had her spay instead.

She is currently snuggling up inside her tent with a Pingu hot water bottle, and all her favourite foods close by to try and tempt her to eat. She has currently eaten 1 carrot baton and had 6ml of Bio-lapsis.

I love my little Treacle whether it be a it, he or she :lol: :lol:

Can't get used to calling Treacle an Her :wink:

Its a good job I gave her a neutral name :lol: :lol:

Mad_cat_rabbit said:
I love my little Treacle whether it be a it, he or she :lol: :lol:

Can't get used to calling Treacle an Her :wink:

Its a good job I gave her a neutral name :lol: :lol:

:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

Aww, bless her!!!! :D

aaaawwww at least you know for sure now eh!
Glad she seems to have recovered ok.. let us know how she does.

aw bless her hope she makes a quick recovery. Well Panzy was supposed to be a girl and my daughter called him Princess Panzy but about 4 months down the line I could see his bits :shock: so he is now called Price Panzy :roll: He hasnt developed a hang up about it so all is well :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

I discoverd my bun is a boy he has not gone 'crazy' yet do you think even if he doesent he will still need neautering? :?

Gues it depends how he matures and if he sprays the place, or if you want to bond him in the future :D :D (you will want to i know...happened to me)

Treacle is making a rapid recovery it seems (touch wood- hits top of own head :lol: ).
She seems to be coming round quicker than Marmalade did. She was mooching around the house on Thursday, so I put her back outside, and the first thing she did was jump around!!!
Today she is full of the joys of spring, and munching away on anything and everything she can get her paws on :lol: :lol: :lol: Including me!!

Mad_cat_rabbit said:
Treacle is making a rapid recovery it seems (touch wood- hits top of own head :lol: ).
She seems to be coming round quicker than Marmalade did. She was mooching around the house on Thursday, so I put her back outside, and the first thing she did was jump around!!!
Today she is full of the joys of spring, and munching away on anything and everything she can get her paws on :lol: :lol: :lol: Including me!!

That's fab news! :D

Sophie put me through some right stress when she was spayed! Good Treacle!!! :D :D :D

Treacle is healing alot faster than I expected her too.
I had a look yesterday before deciding on whether or not to let her have a run. Her operation scar is so neat and tidy (must praise vet next week), she's not touched it at all. There is no sign of any problems, just a regrowth of fur.
I put her into the small run, and she did about 3 binkies one after another, she looked really happy.
Suppose her quick recovery is due to her age, she's about 7 months old. Marmalade took nearly 3 weeks to recover and she's 16months old.

Back