• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.
  • Please Note - Medical Advice

Please keep in mind that posts on this forum are from members of the public sharing personal opinions. It is not a replacement for qualified medical advice from a veterinarian. Many illnesses share similar symptoms but require different treatments. A medical exam is necessary for an accurate diagnosis, without which appropriate treatment cannot be given.

You should always consult your vet before following any suggestions for medication or treatment you have read about. The wrong treatment could make your rabbit worse or mean your vet is unable to give the correct treatment because of drug interactions. Even non prescription drugs can do harm if given inappropriately.

We are very grateful to members who take time to answer other members questions, but please do be clear in your replies that you are sharing personal experience and not giving instructions on what must be done.

Urgent Medical Advice: If you need, or think you might need, urgent medical advice you should contact a vet. If it is out of working hours phone your vet's normal number and there should be an answer phone message with instructions on what to do.

Rabbits and Rain??

Sarah_Jane

Alpha Buck
Just got a quick question, i want to put my rabbit out in his run but its been raining so the grass is damp, what do you lot do when its bad weather. Do you suggest i still put Charlie out???

Wow that was a fast reply! hehe!

Okay i'll put him out, i was just wondering if he would get cold being in the wet really!

When it's raining I still open the hutches and the rabbits have the choice of going out or not. They usually decide to go out.

Hi, my darby hates the rain! I leave the door open so that she has the choice if she wants to go out however she just sits sulking in her hutch! If she does go outside she runs back in her hutch shaking her paws!!

Hi, my darby hates the rain! I leave the door open so that she has the choice if she wants to go out however she just sits sulking in her hutch! If she does go outside she runs back in her hutch shaking her paws!!

oooohh...I remember those, not too long ago was it? Now I'm going to have to think about it and get back to you on that... :roll: :lol: :lol:

Jazz just looks like the spitting image of my Smudge.

My rabbits love the rain for some bizzarre reason. I leave them with a choice of what to do, then I go outside and find them lying down in it. Think they have me sussed out. I once left them out in the rain,then felt really guilty brought them in, rubbed them down with a towel and left thm to sit on the rug til they were dry. Think they expect this all the time now :wink: :wink: :wink:

It was me who had pics of wet bunny's!!! But i deleted them from photo bucket! mine stay out in all weathers, they have there shelters if they want them. :D

I have some wet bunny pics :lol: not very good though lol. here is Jazz just now inspecting the scooter in the rain :lol:

DSCN0821.jpg

DSCN0822_001.jpg

DSCN0820.jpg

Jazz running back to her because it got too wet :lol:

Back