• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

5 bonded does need a home

Delphinum

Warren Scout
Hi there,
I hope someone will be able to help these girls... I'm just about to add them to RR for the rescue. These girls came in to us last week as the owner simply didn't want them... the doe has had 3 'accidental' litters... so we're not thinking they had a very good home life before. :(

Physical Description 5 Does, One mother and 4 kits, all around 6 months old are bonded together. Around medium sized. Mother is a lop, but all kits are up-eared. They are a variety of colours all black/tan/ginger/white, 2 kits with brown eyes, 2 with blue.

Temperament All good, a bit scared at first though. I think all the moving around, and previous owner not being very kind, has scared them. They would sooner run away than attack anyone.

Age Mother is around 18 mos, kits around 6 mos.

Sex Female

Neuter Status All unneutered as far as we can tell.

Vaccination Status Not vaccinated unfortunately, we're working on it

Health Very good, no problems so far.

Type of home wanted a big hutch and run for these ladys would be essential. They need exercise and lots of space to run about in.

Location Nottinghamshire

Reason for rehoming We were told that if we didn't pick these rabbits up within the day, they were going to a pet shop. Being too old to be sold as the 'cutesy' baby bunnies in the shop, who knows what would've happened to them. Luckily someone at another rescue picked them up for us and brought them over... hopefully since fate has been kind to them so far, this luck will continue on. We would love for these girls to stay together as they get on so well.

Pictures... The ginger is the doe and the rest are the kits...
doeandkit.jpg

doe2kits.jpg

gingers.jpg

group1.jpg

group3.jpg

Oh, they are so beautiful. I so hope you find a forever fome for all of them soon. I would love to take them on, but have no room.

awww. little sweeties. If the ignorant owner had bothered to have the doe spayed in the first place, then they wouldnt have had to worry about the extra cost of babies and the stress of trying to find good homes for them :evil:

Folk really can be so short sighted - would they treat their human counterparts so callously and selfishly?

If someone giving a home to an animal isnt going to treat it as part of their family they really shouldnt bother to home it in the first place :(

My sentiments exactly Debs.
Trouble is they don't have the worry. They just pass all responsibility and worry over to the good people like Delphinium.
They certainly are beautiful which should help. Someone will have a huge bill when it comes to spaying!

Debs0371 said:
awww. little sweeties. If the ignorant owner had bothered to have the doe spayed in the first place, then they wouldnt have had to worry about the extra cost of babies and the stress of trying to find good homes for them :evil:

Folk really can be so short sighted - would they treat their human counterparts so callously and selfishly?

If someone giving a home to an animal isnt going to treat it as part of their family they really shouldnt bother to home it in the first place :(

I am really sorry that you feel this way Debs as you may know i have had baby's recently and they are looking for new homes, this happened as i am in the middle of having 10 does spayed this does not make me calous or a bad rabbit owner. I do not mean offence by this but you can not always tar everyone with the same brush.

I relly hope that these beautiful buns find a good home soon XX

Oh Phill I don't think Debs meant people like you. You are a responsible owner that really did have an accident! It's the people who let their rabbits have 3 'accidental' litters and then palm them off on others to sort out. You are nothing like that. x

I miss read the origonal post! I did'nt realise that the poor mum had had three!!!!!!!!!! ''Accidental'' Litters before :oops: , poor mum bun, i love them!!! They are adorable del would you like to rehome them all together or are you willing to split them up?

It's definately a mixed bag! :lol: I noticed the dutch marked nose on that tri-coloured one, very strange! :D
We'd love to home them all together but we do accept that not everyone will have the space for 5 bunnies... but someone, who's interested in having a horde of rabbits, may well take them in. *keeps fingers crossed* We will split them if need be, but it'd be lovely to keep them together! :D
It's a pity coz we had a phonecall a few weeks from a woman wanting 6 bonded rabbits... such a shame these ladies weren't with us at that time! :? The lady has already got her rabbits now.

hi

Wonder what happened to the 2 other 'accidental' litters :(
I think the problem is that people with no money for extra hutches can't afford to split up their rabbits OR get them neutered - and as far as I know there's no voucher scheme for rabbits is there? I think that's just for cats and dogs...

Wth the babies only being 6 months and unspayed - is it possible they will start to fight amongst themselves as they mature more, or doesn't this happen? I was under the impression that even litter mates will fight once they reach maturity, if unspayed?

They may start to fight or they might not, depends on the personality of the rabbits.
If someone does take them all they are going to need a large enclosure not just a big hutch as if they are crowded they will start to bicker and certainly pick on the weaker ones.
They really should be spayed all at the same time too, otherwise taking one out and then reintroducing could well result in fighting.

I keep looking at them, they really are beautiful. x

The other 2 litters were sold, but these ones they couldn't sell, so we got them. :( I think the owner was just irresponsible by letting the buck in with the doe. :evil:
My own kits fought at 3 months old, so we had to split ours up too... but these have got to 6 months without fighting much (we've never seen them fight in the rescue) so I imagine they must be okay.
Yeah Donna is right, they'll need a huge hutch and run... I think a shed with run attached would be the ideal scenario for them. :)

They are beautiful I have seen them,

Delphinium how are the hutches? took some moving didn't they :lol:

Oh dear, I thought I'd fixed that... it's back to 'mixed breed' now! :lol:
Oh Kathy, thank you so much for helping bring them over, I've no idea how we would've gotten them here otherwise.
Curly and HD have been out in the run yesterday and today so they're both fine. I'm worried about the other girl we brought over though (the dutch x), she has bulging eyes, so I'm going to take her to the vet tomorrow. :(

Back