• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

neutering vouchers for rescue bunnies?

Leanne

Wise Old Thumper
Hi all,

Does anyone know of any charities that give discount vouchers for rescue rabbits?

Ive taken various animals in in need of new homes and I used to work as a vet nurse so always got my rescue/rehome animals treated/neutered at a cheaper rate(which i was very grateful for!!)but im now only working part time(non veterinary) whilst studying and ive taken in 2 bucks to rehome but can't afford to get them neutered ~ i'd rather get them done before rehoming them so I know for sure its done!

Any info would be great,

Thanks....
:bunny:

Hiya,

Where in the UK are you? The RSPCA sometimes give vouchers. You could also try contacting other local rescues as if your rehoming them rather than having them as your bunnies they might be able to put them through the vets with their rescue buns.

Tam

WERE DO U LIVE AND ARE U IN RECIEPT OF ANY BENIFITS, MOST CHARITYS DONT GIVE ANY DISSCOUNTS BUT IF U ARE IN LONDON THERE IS A CLINC RUN BY CELIA HAMMOND THAT DOES HALF PRICE TREATMENTS AND CASTRATIONS FOR ALL ANIMALS. VAL

You should also try to get some of your money back from whoever adopts them from you. It still means you have the initial outlay though.

Thanks for all the replys :)
Yes I plan to ask the new owners for whatever I pay for the neutering whether full price or discounted, problem being I don't have the initial outlay cash!
Ive used Celia Hammond in the past and they are very good but im currently in essex carless!So thats a no go at present..
I have a couple of cat contacts within the rspca network so I think i'll have to give them a bell ~
The only other alternative will be to wait until new owners come along and i'll book them in and take them to my vet and get the new owners to pay ~ previous experience of this shows that quite alot of prospective owners are not keen as they worry about aftercare and 'losing' the rabbit under anaeshetic ~ which is y i'd rather get them done now :) to save having to persuade people it'll all be fine!!

Thanks again! :mrgreen:

Back