• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

My bunny wont eat hay

Mad_cat_rabbit

Warren Scout
I have tried various different brands of hay, and have tried the chopping up of herbs and mixing it in to tempt him, but Smudge is adamant that he won't touch it.

Should I be worried?

He eats loads of grass (and lots of my rose bushes), he also picks at fresh veggies. The other 3 can't get enough hay, veggies, grass and food in general.

hi my pepper wont eat hay either but loves grass and has
plenty of veggies and also a fresh supply of dandelion leaves
my brother in law has an allotment so they come from there :lol:
im sure some one on here has said before as long as they eat grass
it doesnt really matter

I've had buns that weren't keen on hay before, maybe it's like marmite, they love it or they hate it?
If he loves grass that's pretty much hay anyway, just give him things that will help keep wearing his teeth down like hay would, and other high fibre foods to keep everything moving.

Jo

Fresh grass will actually wear teeth down better than hay, so as long as you can give him enough you don't need to worry. Hay is just far more convienient in the winter.

as long as your bunny gets plenty of grass while out grazing i wouldnt worry i had a bunny who would never eat hay once he got his fibre from eating the grass and plants

lisa

Wish he would eat hay....
Then perhaps I could have some nice Rose bushes in my garden with lots of leaves and flowers on :lol: :lol: :lol:

Back