• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Hutches and testing my bunsters in them.

SOAD

Wise Old Thumper
Hiya, Bank holiday is over :cry: ,

I've not quite finished my hutches and runs yet. I've nearly stained both the runs last night and finished the bottom of one hutch. They've both had about four coats of stain each. I am hoping to finishes staining tonight. Bryn has got to lay the slabs down the garden so we can have them side by side, the vinyl floor still needs laying. In total I'd say another week of work weather permitting and they will then be bunster ready.

Anyway we had a practice run and tried the bunnies in them on Sunday to see what they thought of them. We thought they would really appreciate the runs, being as the are house bunnies and don't get outside much, but all they wanted to do was sit on the top level of the hutches, aren't bunnies mad? :lol:

463fab74.jpg

Pic104.jpg

Pic106.jpg

Pic111.jpg

Pic113.jpg

Pic121.jpg

Pic120.jpg

Pic123.jpg

Pic109.jpg

Pic097.jpg

Wow, that looks fab!
My outisde buns much prefer to sit on top of the hutches than in them - even in winter! I think it's because they're nosy!

Tree the runs looks fantastic! Your worring about the colour was for nothing!!!!

You`re foster bunnies will love them!

Typical about the buns only sitting on the top floor when theyve got the whole run........bit like kids playing with the cardboard box in stead of the toy at christmas!!! :lol: :lol: :lol:

I am chuffed with them even though I don't have a lot of garden left, but where we are going to move them too should be more ideal, the runs will be attched properly then too. I will get more piccies when finished. I was just very excited on Sunday. The paint work on them is a lot better too. I asked Bryn yesterday if I had missed any spots and he said just your nose :lol:

and y7ou missed Bryn's bottom completely as he was sitting on it and nowhere in sight to help! :lol: :lol:

Bryn hasn't lifted a finger, he is such a usless bloke, good job he is such a good cook else he would of been dumped ages ago :lol: , they look so much better now they had another two coats yesterday.

Carys forgot to say, my Mom should be looking after my buns after all, so you may not after do it, but thanks so much for your help. :D

Awww cheers still got a bit of work to do and I've slabs in my car at the minute, can't wait until I get home so I can carry on. :D

Brilliant job Tree, hats off to you and Bryan :thumb:
Bunnies love being elevated, and usually hop up to the highest point to survey all around their territory :)
Our group of six have a huge walk in aviary, and then hops ups into a large box that is fixed to the Gazebo wall...and the little blighers spend 90% of the time inside the boxes, and barely use the large run area below...typical!! :? but at least they have the choice I guess?

I just think you need to add some dangly toys and pop some tubes inside those runs now Tree :p :p :p ..oops sorry!! I think I have just given you some more work to do, and you have only just put that paint brush down!! :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

:lol: :lol: :lol: No not finished painting yet, they've a pile of toys piled up in the garage too, they should be happy bunnies :D

Back