• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Can anyone help this bunny

oh he looks so lonely and so cramped! Poor bunny. The breeder also seems to have many other bunnies for sale - if this one is rescued I'd be worried that the hutch would just go straight to another rabbit.

He does look pretty sad in that hutch. Unfortunately i do think that the hutch would simply be filled with another rabbit tho. I just looked at their website and they have loads of babies.
http://www.bouncingbunnystud.co.uk

I could have possibly done part of the journey to peterborough if anyone could bring it this way a little bit.. but i really wonder Cheryl, if it will solve anything other than giving the breeder an empty hutch to fill. I wonder what the 'mistake' was that means he is for sale as on her website he is labelled as a breeding buck!

I could do the first leg of the journey (i'm in Cambridge so could get him half way from Peterborough to Norwich). Trouble is, I start a new job with long hours on Wednesday so tomorrow night (Monday) after work would by far be the best for me, after that it would have to be the weekend.

If this helps at all (I know it's not much - sorry!) then let me know. But I still have my reservations as to whether it's a good idea, I'm quite inexperienced with the big bunny breeder world out there. So I'll let the people who know what they're talking about make the decision whether or not to go and get him!

Have you tried e-mailing the seller? There's an email address on the website.

The rabbit does look very cramped and unhappy, but the others on the site look as if they have more space and look healthy. I looked at the care information they give on their site, they do seem to care about their bunnies... I hope this one is ok, he does look miserable, but hopefully the photo is decieving, maybe he has access to the shed... its hard to tell from one photograph.

Disgusted

Hello everyone,

Can I just say that I am absolutley disgusted at this website and breeder??!! :cry:

I was just looking at the little baby lionheads they have (I have a soft spot for lionheads) and I just want to rescue them all from this cruel idiot who just doesn't seem to have a clue "I feed me rabbits royal mix and dried fruit and green veg every other day", "if you are a small person you should get a small rabbit",

It makes me mad, I'm just about crying for the poor little things. Can we go rescue them all??? please????

Is it Brighteyes the mini lop you mean? he looks as if he is hunched over, what disgusting conditions, this breeder needs reporting :cry:

Rescue these buns!!!

It's all of them!!

Have you seen the pics of the baby buns?? It's like theyve just shoved them on top of a hutch to pose for the camera!!! Yes ad that other bunny looks so miserable, that hutch is far too small. They need to be reported to the RSPCA. :x

thats because this person breeds from unwanted pets. She has advertised on a few of the free ads websites offering to give a home to unwanted pets, neglects to mention they are to breed with :x . Here is just one of her ads on another site

WANTED BABY FEMALE GUNIEA PIG:: Must be free & close to or in peterborough. I am looking to give a home to 2 young female guinea pigs (cavies). I live in peterborough and am not willing to travel very far to get them.Also they must be free as i know i will look after them well so i see no point in paying alot for them, its enough that they will have a good home. Ideally i am looking for long haired sows, abasynians would do but they must be young.I would like to know their parentage or even see the parents so i have some idea of colours they carry. I know this may sound alot to ask but as stated above i know they will have a ggod home so i think its my right to know a little about them.Anway if you are close to peterborough oir even in the ciuty and you think you can accomodate the criteria i have set out please email me. No time wasters please and i dont want anything oldere than 4 months (16 weeks). Please email me if you can help.

more...

That is DISGUSTING!! It's so obvious she wants to breed from them from the ages..........what a horrible woman I hope she gets shut down. :evil:

:evil: :evil: This makes me soooooooooo mad when I see things like this - its the very thing that results in many unwanted pets and probably with little or no education being passed on to perspective owners and I won't even go down the road of genetic problems associated with breeding from animals where your getting little or no background information as to their health history.

Why oh Why do folks do this :evil:

Disgusted

I really do think that some action needs to be taken here. It is obvious that this uneducated twit (who may I add can't even spell properly) has no clue and is promoting cruelty to animals and exploiting them.

"How to handle rabbits" in their "Care" section:

"You should use both hands - one should hold the rabbit around the 'scruff' of it's neck (the 'scruff' is the bit of neck behind the ears, it has lots of spare skin there.) " - HOW BAD IS THAT!!!????? You should never hold a rabbit by the scruff of it's neck!!! Oh yes also apparently rabbits love to eat straw too!! :evil:

Just look at these poor little things (I'm actually crying now):

http://www.bouncingbunnystud.co.uk/21106.html

Come on people how can we let this go on??? I'm looking for the address for this place. I think they need to be checked out.....If anyone finds it please let me know.

Re: Disgusted

Vianne said:

"You should use both hands - one should hold the rabbit around the 'scruff' of it's neck (the 'scruff' is the bit of neck behind the ears, it has lots of spare skin there.) " - HOW BAD IS THAT!!!????? You should never hold a rabbit by the scruff of it's neck!!! :evil:

Actually I have to disagree with you on that one. Rabbits can be picked up by the scruff of their necks (it is a very good way of restraining them of done correctly) as long as you support their bums as well.

Unfortunatly I cant see what can be done about this person, although having said that if she starts breeding guinea pigs as well she could be reported to her local council for selling them without a petshop licence

Re: Disgusted

sgprescue said:
Vianne said:

"You should use both hands - one should hold the rabbit around the 'scruff' of it's neck (the 'scruff' is the bit of neck behind the ears, it has lots of spare skin there.) " - HOW BAD IS THAT!!!????? You should never hold a rabbit by the scruff of it's neck!!! :evil:

Actually I have to disagree with you on that one. Rabbits can be picked up by the scruff of their necks (it is a very good way of restraining them of done correctly) as long as you support their bums as well.

Unfortunatly I cant see what can be done about this person, although having said that if she starts breeding guinea pigs as well she could be reported to her local council for selling them without a petshop licence

If the weight of the rabbit is not taken by the scruff of it's neck and is taken by the arm supporting the bottom of the rabbit?? :? However this is not the way in which I choose to handle my rabbits as this form of handling is not required and I know there are alternative kinder ways. I was also advised by my vet not to pick them up by the scruff's of their necks do this because their skin is very thin and they are delecate little animals overall and they can be hurt. Different people have different ways and views.

It is a worry because this person is giving the wrong advice out to people who may know little or nothing about rabbits, and the welfare of the rabbits is what is important here.

Back