• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Cage floor

D

Damo122

Hi,

Just a quick question.

Malcolm and Sandy have a dog cage as their home. The cage has a metal base tray which I have tried covering with all the usual, Pro fleece, paper, towels, throws etc.

The problem is that they just dig up everything I put in there, and seem to much prefer lying on the bare metal.

I'm worried that this is uncomfortable / cold for them but i guess if they like it then it must be ok. Is it a problem?

For now I have given up and I've simply left a soft throw on the floor outside cage incase they feel cold and want something warm to sit on.

Damien

I had the same problem with one of my bunnies. I have now vinyl floor tiles in the metal trays and it is excellent. I also add a small towel/vet bed to give them somewhere to lie on. Some use it, some prefer the cold tiles...

Vera

Great I'll give that a go then. Thanks for the replies.

Damien

Back