• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.
  • Please Note - Medical Advice

Please keep in mind that posts on this forum are from members of the public sharing personal opinions. It is not a replacement for qualified medical advice from a veterinarian. Many illnesses share similar symptoms but require different treatments. A medical exam is necessary for an accurate diagnosis, without which appropriate treatment cannot be given.

You should always consult your vet before following any suggestions for medication or treatment you have read about. The wrong treatment could make your rabbit worse or mean your vet is unable to give the correct treatment because of drug interactions. Even non prescription drugs can do harm if given inappropriately.

We are very grateful to members who take time to answer other members questions, but please do be clear in your replies that you are sharing personal experience and not giving instructions on what must be done.

Urgent Medical Advice: If you need, or think you might need, urgent medical advice you should contact a vet. If it is out of working hours phone your vet's normal number and there should be an answer phone message with instructions on what to do.

Small pooes cause for concern if bunny is still eating?

bluebunny

Wise Old Thumper
When i got home last night i went into the bunny room and noticed lots of very small mishapened pooes in lilac and shadows pen, I am thinking it is shadow as her poo has always seemed smallar than lilacs but she is still fine in herself and eating etc
Ive got in this morning and theres more but she has just eaten her breakfast and seems perfectly normal
do i need to be worried? im going to get some pineapple on the way home from work tonight see if that helps

Some of my buns do dfferent size poos every now and then, if they don't look to out of the ordinary I tend not to worry. As long as the consistency is the same and the size chance isn't too great it should be fine.

With the change in the weather they may also alter if they arn't drinking enough. Perhaps a drop of apple juice in the water might just encourage them to drink a little more.

Janice

jrn1310 said:
With the change in the weather they may also alter if they arn't drinking enough. Perhaps a drop of apple juice in the water might just encourage them to drink a little more.

Janice
There house bunnies and drink loads of water!!!! get through a bottle a day

Hiya I dont think it is a cause for concern, but it gives a clue that Shadow may be eating too much dried food (just one possibility)
If you feel this may be the case, I suggest you cut right back on the dried food, give some pineapple juice and perhaps some Kitty Malt for three days in the trot.
It is important to get the droppings back to a reasonable size, as if you ignore this now, problems could develop later.
Or Shadow may have a small amount of fur in her digestive system, so this may need to be cleared to ensure proper gut movement.
Does she eat enough hay?

Best wishes Adele

One of my rabbits always has much smaller poos than the other one and doesn't eat nearly as much hay, although she will eat dried grass. How can I encourage her to eat more hay? I have bought hay from different pet shops but don't seem to find one that she will really eat!

This happened to Evo a few weeks ago. A dose of Infacol and Kittymalt for 3 days, as suggested by Adele sorted him out.

Adele said:
Hiya I dont think it is a cause for concern, but it gives a clue that Shadow may be eating too much dried food (just one possibility)
If you feel this may be the case, I suggest you cut right back on the dried food, give some pineapple juice and perhaps some Kitty Malt for three days in the trot.
It is important to get the droppings back to a reasonable size, as if you ignore this now, problems could develop later.
Or Shadow may have a small amount of fur in her digestive system, so this may need to be cleared to ensure proper gut movement.
Does she eat enough hay?

Best wishes Adele
Hiya adele they only have a very tiny amount of dry food about 10 peices each thats it she eats loads of hay and veg so im wondering if its because shes been moulting

bluebunny said:
Shadow wont eat the pineapple and she wont drink the juice either :?
All my others do!!!!

well isnt that just typical :roll: :lol: :lol: ...it does sound like something to do with her moult then Marie, so perhaps the Kittymalt may work, as you just have to squirt that at Shadows mouth (or onto a front paw) and she should groom it off.

You have some beautiful bunnies Marie, Shadow is a great name, we have a Shadow too :wink: ..and she follows you everywhere...just like...well...erm a shadow I guess :roll: :lol: :lol: :lol:

Hope your Shadow is producing mega sized boulders soon, Kittymalt tends to work wonders:wink: :)

Adele said:
bluebunny said:
Shadow wont eat the pineapple and she wont drink the juice either :?
All my others do!!!!

well isnt that just typical :roll: :lol: :lol: ...it does sound like something to do with her moult then Marie, so perhaps the Kittymalt may work, as you just have to squirt that at Shadows mouth (or onto a front paw) and she should groom it off.

You have some beautiful bunnies Marie, Shadow is a great name, we have a Shadow too :wink: ..and she follows you everywhere...just like...well...erm a shadow I guess :roll: :lol: :lol: :lol:

Hope your Shadow is producing mega sized boulders soon, Kittymalt tends to work wonders:wink: :)
Yep thats what i thoughty adele
will have to get some kittymalt :)
Claude and lilac do boulder pooes!!! :lol:

bluebunny said:
Adele said:
[quote="bluebunny"
Claude and lilac do boulder pooes!!! :lol:

:p :p great! well I am very pleased to hear that Marie :D ..I think :!: :roll: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:
Boadicea our British Giant does the biggest droppings I have ever since, elephant sized boulders :shock: :shock: :oops: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:
You just cannot miss them :wink: :lol: :lol: :lol:

Back