• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

How To Keep Your Bunny Cool In The Boiling Weather.

Swooky

Young Bun
How to keep your bunny cool is this boiling 30 DEGREE weather. :(

1. Put a frozen water bottle in his cage. They can lick the bottle and lean against it.
2. Put ice cubes in a dish. Apathy likes these a lot. =)
3. Spray him once with a spray bottle. Apathy likes to be damp and run around. :D
4. Make sure your bunny always has fresh water.

Have anymore ideas? Post post post!

My hutches are in the most shady part of my garden i could find!!! (As there are no trees or nothing in any of the gardens near my house to make shade!!) so placing hutches in the shade and out of the way of the sun helps too!! :D

When they are in their runs I use old parasols to create patches of shade, I have heard of using white sheets to reflect the sun but I don't want to block it out completely.

Don't forget to put a source of water in their runs if detached from where they live!

Caz

The only problem I find with frozen water bottles is that, if I don't put them in a pillow case or something, the buns would get their tongues stuck to the frozen bottle...

Any thoughts on how to remedy this?

If you run water over the bottle that should be enough to melt the ice on the ourtside then once its in this heat the outside should start melting so won't get sticky.

Tam

Good tips, I make sure the runs are nice and shady with good supply of water :)

Just been to vet with Pippa and she was so warm in the car - thank goodness for Air Con!!

My buns run round garden during day and they tend to pick the best spot to lie in - there is always the pond for a dip if they get too hot :lol:

Car temp gauge said 31 degrees this afternoon!! I've got a red back :( cos spent all afternoon in the pub next to the Thames. Was my last exam this mornin so def a cause for celebration :D

Nicola

Back