• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

My Ratties! (Picture Heavy)

Lots of forum members seem to have ratties so I thought i'd share a few pics of my lot!

First off, this is their cage:

cage1.jpg

Tess:

tessy.jpg

Ash:

ashy1.jpg

Ash again:

ashy.jpg

Chloe:

chloe1.jpg

Tess, Meg, Molly:

tessmegmol.jpg

Tess, Meg:

tessmeg.jpg

Molly:

mollamoo.jpg

Meg:

megan.jpg

Chloe, Molly:

chloemol.jpg

Ash:

DSCN0211.jpg

Tess, Molly, Meg:

tessmolmeg.jpg

:D

Random question but is neutering them easy? Is it like GPs where you usually get the males done so they can live with females?

Lovely piccys!

Caz

Awww, I love the dumbo's, those faces are just soooo cute. Well, all ratties are sooo cute really, easpecially when they are poking out their noses. On second thoughts, when they are shredding newspaper at 3am then they're not cute.

Like the colour co-ordinated hamocks. Mine all have a similar pattern (chibbled) but not the same colour.

Caz - Neutering isn't done as routinely as bunnies, perhaps about as much as gpigs. It can certainly be done tho. I had a pair of neutered males from a rescue to live with my girls. Male ratties can live in groups of males though so they don't have to be done for company. It tends to be the naughty ones that get snipped ;) Boys are great, they are so soppy/lazy/cuddly.

Tam

lovely pictures!!!! we have a rat called Dave!!! he lives on his own is it easy to pair them? he has always been a bit nippy but i feel sad for him as he is on his own

awwwwwwwwww they are just tooo cute
I want them alll!!
I really must get a couple of rats soon i have been saying i am for ages, they are just soooo gorgeous!!

Caz said:
Is it like GPs where you usually get the males done so they can live with females?

Lovely piccys!

Caz

Males can live happily together..i have 2 and they get on great :D They do fight sometimes but it's mainly playfighting lol!

haffyj said:
lovely pictures!!!! we have a rat called Dave!!! he lives on his own is it easy to pair them? he has always been a bit nippy but i feel sad for him as he is on his own

go to http://fancy-rats.co.uk very helpful !! ;)

I almost forgot to tell you how CUTE your rats are!!! :love:

Does that mean mostly males are sold then? Am mixed up about who can live together. I know nothing about them :? :?

Sooty said:
Does that mean mostly males are sold then? Am mixed up about who can live together. I know nothing about them :? :?

Males can live with males, and females can live with females. If a male is overly hormonal/territorial then they can be neutered, and if neutered they can usually live happily with either males or females.

:D

rats

Hi..I love rats...they are so family orientated, my mummy rat (isadora) still takes care of her offspring although they are adults themselves, the females all live happily together & ditto the males...they never fight..yours are gorgeous & yes they can be neutered or speyed but you need a very good vet to do this, I was going to get issy done but the vet who was capable left the practice & the others didn,t feel they could cope so I left it.

Back