• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.
  • Please Note - Medical Advice

Please keep in mind that posts on this forum are from members of the public sharing personal opinions. It is not a replacement for qualified medical advice from a veterinarian. Many illnesses share similar symptoms but require different treatments. A medical exam is necessary for an accurate diagnosis, without which appropriate treatment cannot be given.

You should always consult your vet before following any suggestions for medication or treatment you have read about. The wrong treatment could make your rabbit worse or mean your vet is unable to give the correct treatment because of drug interactions. Even non prescription drugs can do harm if given inappropriately.

We are very grateful to members who take time to answer other members questions, but please do be clear in your replies that you are sharing personal experience and not giving instructions on what must be done.

Urgent Medical Advice: If you need, or think you might need, urgent medical advice you should contact a vet. If it is out of working hours phone your vet's normal number and there should be an answer phone message with instructions on what to do.

How long for fur to regrow after op?

BevBunny

Mama Doe
Lavender was spayed 6 weeks ago, and her tummy has no signs of any fur growing back - I took this pics earlier today.

I know that Dideen/Chris's Nala was spayed the day before Lavender, and she's mostly grown her fur back already. I know that Nala is a bit more fluffy than Lavender but I thought there'd be at least a bit of stubble or something by now but its still totally bald.

How long have other peoples buns taken to grow their fur back?

Should I start knitting her a boob tube type thing to keep her middle warm? :lol:

BaldLavender001.jpg

BaldLavender002.jpg

(oh dear, I didn't realise she'd got yellowy fur on her tummy, doens't show normally,now she looks like a filthy bunny :shock: - I'll go and have words with her! :? )

Miffy my lion head X new zealand white was spayed in oct last year and still has a bald belly!!!
my two rex girls were spayed in nov last year and the fur has fully re grown!

I think it depends when you catch them in their moult cycle. They won't regrow until they moult and get new fur so if you catch them mid/pre moult the fur comes back quickly, if she finished moulting just before her op and isn't due another for a few months then she'll be bald a while!

Tam

Awww bless her!!!!!!!

When Sophie was spayed, hers grew back quite quickly...

But I have just learnt something new with what Tamsin just said!! :D

Marmalade had her spay done at the end of April.
She's got lovely soft white fur back on her belly, this grew back within a fortnight of her op. Guess I was just lucky 8)

Tamsin said:
I think it depends when you catch them in their moult cycle. They won't regrow until they moult and get new fur so if you catch them mid/pre moult the fur comes back quickly, if she finished moulting just before her op and isn't due another for a few months then she'll be bald a while!

Tam

Miffy had a major moult about two months ago still no fur on her belly :lol:

Thanks for all of your replies, Lavender is showing no signs of moulting so looks like she'll be baldy for a while yet, or perhaps forever if she's anything like Miffy! :shock:

I'll learn to knit by the time winter comes and make her a bunny boob tube :wink: , actually I think a little sparkly number would look fantastic! :roll:

Back