• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

rolling rabbit

deb

Young Bun
Just spent 20 mins brushing Gyspy my Lionhead, she really dislikes having this done, at 12 weeks old she has much more important thing to do,anyway after 20 mins of scratches and offering all her favorite nibbles, she ran straight into her hutch and into her yet to be empted litter tray and rolled untill she was well and truely covered in poo and woodshavings. Anyone with any tips on brushing a lionhead i would be very grateful, i dont know how to brush under her chin-chest area? :?
DEB

mum to - smudge-dwarf netherland, gypsy-lionhead, 2 chipmonks-no names, kipper-guinea pig, and cats kiri and mitzy

Well, I think you've learnt important stp no. 1 - clean theitter tr ou bfore grooming not after ;)

You might find short sessions work best, e.g. 5 mins of grooming 10 mins of play then more grooming etc.

To brush the underneath I put my hand under the chest and lift up so they are stood up on backlegs. If she'll let you you can cradle her on her back.

Tam

I cant offer any advice, as Ralf LOVES being brushed. I do him with a brush, then a comb and I rub them together so he knows its brush time and he darts towards me and sits all pudged up on his vet-bed waiting to be brushed chomping his chops together everytime the brush combs through his hair!! He totally lives for a brush!! :lol: :lol:

I tickle and pull Sootys fur so he thinks hes getting petted. Show him the comb and hes off. I dont use shavings either as they were a nightmare. I use carefresh in the litter tray and hay elsewhere.

Check out thoughts about shavings on the web and here. There are some studies showing theyre not very healthy. One of the reasons i stopped using them :D

Kerri C said:
I cant offer any advice, as Ralf LOVES being brushed. I do him with a brush, then a comb and I rub them together so he knows its brush time and he darts towards me and sits all pudged up on his vet-bed waiting to be brushed chomping his chops together everytime the brush combs through his hair!! He totally lives for a brush!! :lol: :lol:

awwww bless him :D

Back