• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Fond Memories Of those passed....

Frejay

Young Bun
Thinking bout my old bunnies last night, and i decided to start up a thread about rabbits that have gone over the rainbow bridge, memoeries we have of them and pics too!

Soot-my very first bunny, i remember when i first saw you with your shiney black coat and cute wee white nose...and the time i first cleaned your hutch and you were running around like a mad thing :lol:
Can't find a pic!(dad put on new soft ware and all photos were lost)

Clover- I got you when you were *tiny*...ill never ever foget when you meet soot and...erm...you 'showed you were dominate' i though you were a wee boy!!Oh....and how funny you looked when you went a bit over the top with nest making and pulled out nearly *all* yor fur!:lol: I hope the jerk the stole you is looking after you well!
Can't find a pic!(dad put on new soft ware and all photos were lost)

Frisket- I only had you for a wee while...sooo tiny, not weaned propaly! i could have killed those people how sold you to me(if they answered my phone calls) I remember when i first bought you home....you played comando rabbit!
I never got a picture :cry:

Zeta-My baby! You were so tough with a gooey cuddly center-my surviver...you lived through every thing...almost...I remeber the suprise birth you had, what a good mum you were and how you morned for you stolen babies!
pics;
zetanox.jpg

zeta and a baby
zeatnox2.jpg

"CAMERA!!" zeta luvs to eat camera's! lol <33 :love:
(yes i know that hutch was quite old but she had to put in a seprate hutch from her evil baby killing mother, clover! lol)

I miss them all :cry:

I've only had one rabbit that has passed. He only lived until 4 days before his first birthday, he was my first rabbit, my best friend. He had been through a lot that year like being a father to a wonderful litter of babies, getting neutered, and getting a new friend. Charlie passed away from unknown reasons after his neuter, and it shocked us all. I miss my little baby and was actually in tears the other night just thinking of him, how much he has looks over me and my new buns, and how much I love him. That is the reason for my user name, Charliesangel, because he is an angel to my new bunnies, and will always look over them.

Rest in peace little charlie (2-20-04 - 2-16-05)

cloe.jpg

Your bunnies sound so wonderful and I'm sure they are missed greatly...it just really helps to know that we're not the only ones that have lost loved pets doesn't it?

my first to buns were called pikachu and riachu, sadly raichu passed away at the age of 2 and 1/2 from bridging of the spine which the vet said was caused by inbreeding, she was nusred alot untill she couldnd cope any longer she was pts when i was away on hoilday :cry: but when she went down hill we think there were other probs too like kidney failure as she wouldnt stop drinking also she couldnt clean herself so was bathed every day, and we think she just coundnt cope and it wasnt fair on pikachu who woundnt leave her side and could see her suffering so was put to rest, there were the best parteres ever there wernt neutered but they loved each other so much and had no probs with them together. pikachu once had to go to the vets with teeth probs and raichu when with her and vise versa and we came in to see them and raichu was scrabbling up the bedding around pikachu to keep her warm it is one of the best things i seen with rabbits.

pikachu and Raichu(the one on the right)
Mvc-026s.jpg

Raichu
Mvc-025s.jpg

becky

Hiya Frejay

Thats a lovely idea I was only recently chatting to someone of the Forum to say how you never somehow forget past bunnies.

Here's our lovely Dillon -

I fell for Dillon on a visit to our local RSPCA Centre and he was such a rascal. He was Buffy's soul mate and they were besotted with each other.
After only a year and a half we lost him to a suspected bacterial infection and despite everyones wonderful effort including Vets, our special Adeleee, we lost him during May last year.

But I can definately giggle again about him now and I remember so well all his funny little ways -

Dillon - At Rainbow Bridge but never forgotten - Mum sends a snuggle Kiss Dill XXX

DILLON & BUFFY SHARE A SNUGGLE
buffandill.jpg

My first every bunny was a lop called floppsey
I got him when i was 14 he was 8 weeks old,he lived in the house but had the run of a large garden while i was out. He was the most lovely sweet little rabbit i have ever met my mum said id never get another like him and it was true, he ripped the wallpaper off behind the sofa and dug my myms plants up in the garden but you couldnt help but love him :)
he was more like a dog than a rabbit he used to fall asleep on my lap!
When he was about 3 years old he started having problems with his back teeth he had to have a dental every 3 months but the 3 rd time he came home from having one he was still very sleepy and didnt seem himself when i let him out in the morning he ran out into the garden but was running in the things i picked him up he struggled (very unlike him) he screamed then he died in my arms it seems the last dental was just too much for him
I still miss him :(

My other bridge bunny is william
When i saw william for the first time i wanted him! he was 8 weeks old and at the same breeder claude was from.
When he was 8 months old i got a phone call asking if id still like him so i said yes the breeder had him neutered and i collect him
He was a hulslander rabbit they have such funny little habbits he was very loving and sweet although he was ment to be a house rabbit he loved being out doors so he had the best of both
When we moved house in sept last year i noticed his nose and eyes looked pink the next day i realised he was showing signs of myxi
The vet advised not to put him to sleep i nursed him for four weeks but it wasnt to be his little body gave up :(
I had only had him two months but it felt like longer

William

101640d1fa63ebbaaaaaa77908dfd180.JPG

My first bun was flopsy too. She was a house bunny most of the time and kept me company when I was studying. She was beautiful, and used to go to sleep with her ear over her eye! She only lived for 18 months, I woke up one morning and she'd just keeled over. She was such a lovely, playful bun.
flopsy.jpg

Patch was her buddy, and they fought periodically until they were both spayed. They then started to get along quite well until Flopsy died. Patch then had Bobby (who's still with us pleased to say!) as her bonded mate, and they were very much in love. Patch was a very placid, cuddly bunny and I miss her so much.
patch.JPG

What a great idea to start a thread on this. It's nice to be able to remember them.

Ive been meaning to post a topic like this for a long time, but I never get round to scanning my rainbow bridge bunnies on. Now theres a thread, I will make a conscious effort as I have lots of bridge bunnies and I'd love to share all their pics with you all so you can see how special they all were. Lovely pics everyone by the way. xxx

Sammie was my very first bunny. I found him at the SPCA when I was taking some students there for a class field trip and knew I wanted to adopt him.

He was full-grown when I adopted him, although they couldn't tell me his age. When I brought him home, he was a very timid and nervous bunny for a long time. After a while, he began to open up, and although he never really was a cuddle-bunny, he became very trusting and allowed me to pick him up and handle him any way I wanted.

The lady at the SPCA had told me he suffered from severe malocclusion of his front incisors. I checked him every week or so, and never noticed a thing, and he never had a problem eating.

Funny enough, he never became excited about being fed fresh fruits and vegetables as a treat. He did get excited in the mornings though when I filled his food bowl with alfalfa pellets and hay. :shock:

I had Sammie for 5 years before he passed on. Here he is lounging in his favorite spot:

Sammie.jpg

I have had 3 rabbits in the past.. my first one was Smudge.. a white bunny with grey nose, feet, tail and ears. He only lived a few years and died suddenly in his hutch. My 2nd rabbit was Bobby.. he looked similar to smudge but was a little smaller.. he also died suddenly with no warning at all. My 3rd rabbit was Benji, a brown dwarf lop. He was adorable but unfortunately while he was running around in our garden he vanished while i was in having my tea. Never did find out where he'd gone to.. after reading lots of stories since i realise it was probably a fox or something else that took him as there was no way he could have escaped. I was heartbroken. I dont have any pics of them on my pc but i have loads in my photo albums at my mums.

Its almost 3 months ago to the day that we said goodbye to little Fernfern. I miss her and still cry when I think about her. Charlie and Fern came to live with me during a very tough time in my life, some very horrid stuff had happened, and they were my saviours. Charlie is my little soldier and Fern was my beautiful little girl. One minute she was a feisty little madam, the next she demanded fuss, she was into everything, always binkying over the top of Charlie and I've never seen a bunny eat french beans so fast. Little Fern was poorly for most of her life but she didn't let that stop her, and she was as good as gold taking all her drugs and coping with all her operations.

I have her ashes and on one lovely sunny day Steve, Charlie, Lavender and I are going to go for a picnic on the Downes and scatter her ashes so she really can binky free with the other bunnies.

Image110.jpg

image093.jpg

My first bunny was called Misty, she died about 18 years ago. I sometimes think that she could had a better life, my bunny knowledge was very limited back then, but I did the best I could. I have no photos as I've only had a camera since Christmas :(

Well timed thread to start as I wanted to write something for Hoppy today.

24.5.2004 A year ago today Hoppy died :cry: He was 7 yrs old.

I learnt as went along with him.
He was 8 weeks old when I got him, from a small holding that had had his pregnant mum left in a box on her doorstep.
Actually he was a she until he was about 6 months old, then it came quite obvious that she was definately a he :oops: :oops: Luckily Hoppy was a unisex name :lol:
He was a picky eater and I didn't know the importance of hay, I eventually found a food he would eat and then went on to discover the benefits of hay.
I often think if this forum had been around then that he might still be here. :(
He was my special boy, he would run round my legs when I got in, he wouldn't go near my o/h (only to snatch offered food and run), only I was allowed to stroke him, and he would sit forever for a nose rub.
He hated been picked up, nail clipping was a nightmare :)
He loved wires! :D :roll:

He is burried in the back garden, with his favourite toy.
We all miss you Hoppy and you will always have a special place in my heart :love: :bunny:
hoppy89.jpg

hoppyjan03.jpg

Back