• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

let twiglet and eeyore loose in my living room - piccies

houndour

Warren Scout
*sigh* eeyore didn't like his new bed we got him...altho he had lots of fun trying to rip it apart :D Then crashed out in the litter tray! :lol:
may_19_05_1.jpg

Twiglet exploring...she didn't like the laminate flooring at first and had the most funny walk, but after a while she got braver and was hopping about :)
may_19_05_3.jpg

Eeyore hiding because we were trying to catch him to put him back in the playhouse!!!
may_19_05_2.jpg

All in all it went well, we kinda fenced off the tv area where all the wires were. They loved going behind the sofa and spent a lot of time go around that! They didn't chew anything, didn't poop or wee anywhere and we had them loose for about 2 hours :)

I loved it and it's made me want to have them as house rabbits even more. I just don't think our landlord would go for it. But I'm going to start thinking seriously about bunny proofing the living room.

Sam

aawwww great pics! Especially the one of him asleep in his litter tray.. looks so cosy :lol: :lol: I couldnt be without my house bunnies now.. they are such fun to be with and to watch.

I couldnt be without my house bunnies now.. they are such fun to be with and to watch.
awww don't!! You make me feel so guilty. Tonight was the hardest ever to put them back in their playhouse :( They looked so happy (wandering round the living room that is)

Awww, he looks so relaxed all crashed out :D I'm glad they had fun. With laminate there is no carpet to eat and if you protect wire there isn't too much else to damage (famous last words ;) ) watch those curtains tho!!!

Tam

Tamsin said:
Awww, he looks so relaxed all crashed out :D I'm glad they had fun. With laminate there is no carpet to eat and if you protect wire there isn't too much else to damage (famous last words ;) ) watch those curtains tho!!!

Tam

and the doors, skirting boards, wallpaper and shoes, bags, furniture :lol: :lol: :lol:

With laminate there is no carpet to eat and if you protect wire there isn't too much else to damage (famous last words ) watch those curtains tho!!!

Yep they were already having a go at the curtains. Little terrors. I hope that as long as we are there to watch them they won't be too destructive. The only thing I'm worried about the most is the sofa. My mum and dad gave me that and I don't think they'd be impressed if it got chewed by rabbits!

We're going to have them in tonight too. And I'm off for a whole week now, so I'll get to spend sooooo much time with them. I can't wait. :D

Fab pic in the litter tray!

I was concerned about laminate flooring when I moved into my current rented house - have since decided it s a blessing in disguise where buns are concerned.

1. It sort of acts as a natural barrier as my two don' t like it that much, so they only usually venture out of the lounge as far as the rugs take them along the flooring.

2. Exellent for bonding - they won't run around on it cos they're a bit unsure, means theres less chasing. Plus its easy to clean up any little accidents which there are of course many of during bonding.

3. When the buns are brave and venture further in the flat I can hear where they are cos of their claws on the floor.

4. When the buns chew the really expensive carpet/rugs its OK cos they don't belong to the landlord! :shock: and you can just buy another one! :shock: :shock:

5. No skirting boards to chew. :D

Bad points - fur collects in litte eddies like tumble weeds! Good breeze through the flat at the wrong moment and you're covered - but we vacuum every other day so its not a problem. Saying all of this about laminate flooring I should admit though that we have rugs/runners everywhere cos I don't like laminate flooring.

Hi BevBunny...

I've always loved the look of laminate flooring and now that we've got it I hate it! We are _always_ cleaning the floor and that was before the rabbits! But yes, it's really good with the rabbits.

3. When the buns are brave and venture further in the flat I can hear where they are cos of their claws on the floor.
This is so true...it's great cos you don't have to keep your eyes on them 100%, I can hear when Twiglet gets too close to my fish tank and still watch eastenders! :lol:

Although my bunnies haven't pooped or weed yet, I imagine it'll be so much easier to clean.

We have that bit of carpet to and they do spend most of their time on there. We had them in again tonight, I'm loving it. Twiglet made her first jump onto the sofa but she didn't stay up for long.

Eeyore spent most of the night in his litter tray again :s he's so funny and cute. I think he's the immature one...likes to mess around and be naughty. Twiglet seems to be like a mum (but they are the same age).

5. No skirting boards to chew
:( I have skirting boards. will have to watch them with that. I did bunny proof the room more tonight. I blocked off all the wires and tv with the storage cubes as a fence. The only danger is the fish tank wires. But thats not so easy to block off.

Their is a wax you can use on dogs pads to stop them slipping on laminate. Anyone know if you can use it on buns?
Sooty likes his litter tray too!
sciencebags019.jpg

Back