• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

not sure, just wondering...

Charliesangel

Warren Veteran
I was browsing on google just looking at websites that would give me some information on indoor/outdoor housing and I came upon a website that said this cage is very good for rabbits. I know I would never do this because they really have no running room and seem very cramped and nervous abut being so high up. I was just wondering what you guys think, I'm very curious!!! :roll: :lol:

condo.jpg

I imagine if they didn't like heights they wouldn't go up top.

There is not much room for binkying but it depends how much out time they get. If thats just homebase and they have free range much of the day too then thats not really a problem. I guess it depends how long they are in it :)

Tam

I have something really similar that I bought from B+Q - they're storage cubes, but I use mine up the other way as a run for when we visit my parents or need to leave Benji unsupervised for a while. It all comes apart and can be made into different sizes and shapes.(Think it was £8.99 ish - for lots of space)

That one does look pretty tall though!

Jeez, Molly would never leave the bottom level - if we put her at the bottom of the stairs in our house she has a look, then starts pacing on the rug as if to say, nope too high thank you :lol:

I think they could have made better use of the cubes by making the enclosure wider and less tall

Yes, I have my cage made out of the storage cubes and am very farmiliar with them, I was just wondering about how that cage is designed.

Skip loves being up high, he will go up the stairs and poke his head through :lol: I always worry he may get the urge to jump but so far hasn't :? He seems to like being up high and jumps onto the back of the sofa often.

Mine love the stairs and heights... in fact Henry has tried jumping on the window sill more than once! My friend Kate has also had a bunny on her window sill and has seen some up a bent over tree... but I do think that cage is a bit extreme... why not just have more running room?! :?

My Smudge would love that, he adores climbing and nothing is too high for him to climb over. He once scaled the fence between mine and the next door neighbours (the fence was nearly 6ft high :lol: ).
Treacle wouldn't though as he's a bit chicken regarding heights.

Mum to Harry, Marmalade, Smudge and Treacle

Back