• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.
  • Please Note - Medical Advice

Please keep in mind that posts on this forum are from members of the public sharing personal opinions. It is not a replacement for qualified medical advice from a veterinarian. Many illnesses share similar symptoms but require different treatments. A medical exam is necessary for an accurate diagnosis, without which appropriate treatment cannot be given.

You should always consult your vet before following any suggestions for medication or treatment you have read about. The wrong treatment could make your rabbit worse or mean your vet is unable to give the correct treatment because of drug interactions. Even non prescription drugs can do harm if given inappropriately.

We are very grateful to members who take time to answer other members questions, but please do be clear in your replies that you are sharing personal experience and not giving instructions on what must be done.

Urgent Medical Advice: If you need, or think you might need, urgent medical advice you should contact a vet. If it is out of working hours phone your vet's normal number and there should be an answer phone message with instructions on what to do.

maizey not her self

charmaine

Warren Scout
hi just wanted to ask a question maizey is really quiet
today she is drinking and eating but she is just still
yesterday they were bounding arround the hutch. the other thing is her
pooh it not runny but it is very soft ive checked her bottom and daiseys
bottom and they are both clean what would any one suggest :?:
they didint go out side yesterday or today yet and have just had the
burgess juniour pellets and supa foredge that they usally have :(

I would keep an eye on her for the next few days and if she stops eating or her poo becomes more like diarrohea then take her to the vet. If she exhibits any other symptoms remember vets don't charge for phone calls! I always ring my vet up to get his opinion if things aren't quite right.

Sometimes buns just have off days and are right as rain the next day. The fact she is still eating and drinking is a good sign.

Caz

Hi,

I'm a newbie with rabbits, but wanted to say I'm sorry to hear maizey isn't herself.

As Caz says just keep a close eye on her poo and check she's still eating.

Sam

thanx guys shes a bit perkier now think i was just over reacting
just worrie a bit cuz they are quite small for there age

Hi,
My Bun was quiet on Tuesday and I was worried vbut yesterday he was bounding around the garden as fast as ever.
Hopefully your bun just fancies a quiet day,

Fingers crossed,
sarah

Sounds a bit like what Toby had. Hope she gets well soon, I am sure she will though :wink: Just keep a close eye on here and if shes the same in 48 hours take her to the very. Also try rubbing her tummy :)

Take your bun to the vet and they will help you out :) Or you can do what I did and call them and tell them your rabbits problem and they will get some out ready for you to collect.

Back