• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Zoe and Esme two special bunnies seeking a forever home

Adele

Warren Veteran
Hiya RU Members

Please can you help find a forever home for these lovely bunnies?
I think given the time we have had this pair in the rescue it would be really nice if we can find this lovely pair a retirement home.

Animal Rescue and Care which is a small animal rescue based in Middlesex have had these 2 rabbits for almost 3 years now (we have only been running as a rescue for 3.5 years).

Zoe and Esme are sisters who have been with ARC now for 3 years! They are both six and a half years old. Their previous owner left them out in the hope 'that the foxes would get them' and was really annoyed when they didn't! They both had uterine cancer when they first came in but are fine now.

Esme is a rabbit who does better on a mainly hay diet with very little mix and she is happy with this diet. She is looking older than Zoe, bit thinner and not such a good coat and cloudy eyes. But she is sooo cuddly! Zoe is more independent. They both been recently VHD vaccinated and about to have their Myxie booster.

A rabbit experience home is required for this really super pair.

Many thanks

Janice
ARC Animal Rescue and Care
www.animalrescueandcare.org.uk

This is Zoe and Esme

zoeesme.jpg

Hiya Janice these bunnies are really gorgeous, lets keep everything crossed they will find a special home soon :)

Yes they are lovely looking bun, they have been living with Donna since they have been with us. It would be wonderful if we could find them a lovely forever home where they can retire.

OMG...they look just like my Brindle and Benji...

I wish I lived closer!

Sending prayers that these two find good homes!!

~Jim

We saw this pair on Sunday when we picked up Louis, they are lovely and such a sad story :(

We are all keeping paws and fingers crossed these lovly buns find a comfortable loving retirement home VERY soon

Good Luck Zoe & Esme :D :love:

i look at these 2 babys everytime i go on rr, i luv em. but my god, i cant even cope with one litttle boy, but im gonna get another when we have a new bunny shed i hope!! :D:D:D

Have you had any luck with these 2 little loves yet? I am sure they are very happy in their current home but it breaks your heart when the older ones are waiting so long doesn't it? Give them a special nose rub from me!

Alice

Thanks Alice, I will.
Though they're not talking to me at the moment cos they've just had their myxi jab.
I really can't understand why they are still here, and I really don't mind at all because how could I not love them after having them 3 years? It would just be so nice for them to have more individual attention than I have time to provide - they do seem very happy though.

Hi, obviously not wanting to get anyone's hopes up, but I am interested in Zoe and Esme as well as Honey and Harvey. I would like to come and see them all when we move house but it won't be for a few months yet. I am actually looking for older rabbits that I can give a nice retirement home to.

Would they cope as indoor rabbits or do they prefer to be outside? Also how large are they?

To be honest I think I might need to bring my two along to guage the reaction of Sylvia to two new females... I'm not entirely sure she'll like the idea (but then, I'm not entirely sure Oli will like another male in the vicinity either, so perhaps 2 females would be a better option? Sylvia's pretty robust).

I'm afraid there is nothing we can do until we move though and the process is proving irritatingly slow and not at all what we expected the market to be like. Sorry. :(

b-m

Can't think of any rabbits that haven't taken well to being house rabbits. Even the really nervous ones that you'd think would be freaked out seem to relax really quickly.

Whoever you chose isn't going to be popular with one or the other of your buns for a while. When I get a new boy here all the boys try to get at him through the wire. When I get a new girl all the girls try to get at her.

There is an another problem - the girl pairs here will also start to have a go at each other when a newcomer arrives, but the male/female pairs don't seem to bother. So Zoe and Esme might have disagreements because another girl is around!

They are quite big girls.

I'm glad someone is thinking of taking home these two

They really are adorable rabbits in the truest sense

If they don't get rehomed in the next few months, maybe I'll have another look in, once fiona and scarlette have settled

Donna, do zoe and emse get on with fiona and scarlette ?

Back