• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Joey and Skye bonding update...

oooh, how exciting... I want a new bun too!!!! :lol: :lol:

Look forward to your piccy overload!!! :shock: :D

I've been on the phone to my mum and she says I sound like I'm adopting a kid! I kinda feel like that too. (I know yous will understand!) I've got her new house all sorted out and am in the middle of cutting up some vet bed to fit her carry basket....... I've got excitement tummy butterflies!

Even tho I'm 25 I feel like a 5 year old on Christmas eve!! :D :D

(There's not smilieys with big enough grins for me!)

I've been singing girlfriend songs to Joey all night too! :lol:

Looking outside here at the mo i guess if shes called Skye she will be grey. What weather!!!!
I'm all butterflies abouy Lolly coming too :bunny:

5cutebunnies said:
So whats she like and where are you getting her from?

She's like this -

DCP_2184.jpg

And I'm getting her from the local SSPCA centre.

Are you going to call her skye then??

I think I am going to call her Skye, as long as it suits her personality (the name kinda just stuck!)

I'm all butterflies abouy Lolly coming too

When will you get her? Is the bunny run all planned? When does it start?

I'm off for a bath, am going to read my Rabbiting On and have a glass of wine and try to calm down.

There's no way I'm going to be able to consentrate at work tomorrow morning!

:D

Are you ready for picture overload!

First, here are Skye's babies who are currently in the SSPCA centre and will be looking for homes in a few weeks (they're dutch lion head crosses, wee furry cuties!) I don't know how I resisted bunny napping them! -

DCP_2209.jpg

DCP_2208.jpg

Here's Joey -

DCP_2213.jpg

Me and Joey -

DCP_2207.jpg

Here's Skye -

DCP_2211.jpg

DCP_2210.jpg

DCP_2212.jpg

And finally, here they are meeting through the bars (there was lots of sniffing and kisses through the bars) Joey's still a bit nervous of her though.

DCP_2224.jpg

DCP_2217.jpg

DCP_2219.jpg

I'm going to let her settle in a bit before I formally introduce them in my friends kitchen.

Hope I haven't bored you all with my pics. I'm just soooo excited! I love her already and I think Joey will grow to too! :wink: :D :D :D

I'll post more pics once the proper bonding begins. It's looking good though, Skye was grooming herself with Joey looking at her through the bars then she flopped over all relaxed! I'm so glad she feels comfortable in her new home. Can't wait till they can snuggle together! :D

loopylop said:
Aw, Julie, Skye really is lovely! Lucky Joey!!!!! :lol: :lol: :lol:

:D :D :D :D

They look so cute now. Skye is stretched out along the inside of her cage and Joey is stretched out beside her on the outside of her cage! I hope it's love!

:D

(Although Joey has been pooing all round the outside of her cage!)

aaawwwwww how cute.. all of them!!!! sounds like joey is happy with his new girl... that is what simba did when nala arrived.. isnt it soo cute to watch!!! :D :D

Back