• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Beautiful Ebony

june

Young Bun
My beautiful little Ebony has joined her mum & sisters

Ebony lost a lot of weight and the vet said it he could feel a mass in her tummy to feed her up and bring her back in 2 weeks, I did this and she was eating well but still thin.

When I took her back to the vet he said it was sure it was a tumor and he would not operate on a 7 year old rabbit, to enjoy time with her as it would not be long. I last saw the vet with Ebony last Thursday she was not in pain and eating then Monday came and she was having trouble breathing I phoned the vet and he said I should let her go that day, I went to her to say goodbye and to take her and in that short time she had slipped away. I was holding her and her sister Poppy came and started to lick her while she was in may arms, I still can't believe she has gone and start to get her food ready before I remember. She was so sweet and loving and I miss her so. Painful feelings. Should I put something with Ebony's scent in with Poppy or do you think she will be ok. I talk to her a lot but it is not like having her sister there.
June :cry:

I am very sorry to hear about Ebony, I am sure she is at peace now free from pain.

If her sister saw her body then she will come to terms with the death more easily. An article from the House Rabbit Society (USA) says that rabbits seem to accept the passing of their bonded mate easier if they are physically shown they are dead, otherwise they have trouble adjusting and it is believed they keep waiting for their partner to come home.

If you wish to, you could onsider rebonding her with an older rabbit, or just give her loads of extra snuggles.

Caz

I'm really sorry to hear about Ebony, it's so hard when they pass away. Just think of all the lovely memories you have of her and remember her with a smile.

Take care, run free Ebony.

Nicola xx

Our hearts go out to you - so very sad that Ebony had to leave :cry: It was time for her to go to the Rainbow Bridge and join her family and friends - time for her to have peace and no more pain.
She would not want you to grieve too much - she would want you to remember the good times that you all had together - she will miss you and her sister but will be watching over you.
Run free in the eternal sunshine dear Ebony - eat carrot tops and lots of lush grass. xxxxx

Back