• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

black bun lovers wanted

KATHY

Warren Scout
Hi all,

I have several black standard and windmill eared bunnies looking for their forever homes, all have been with me a while and are usually overlooked due to their colouring. I shall post photos as soon as i have alittle time.

awwwww Black bunnies are my favourite :love:
Can't have any more bunnies just yet though :(
Hope they find homes soon, Brian had been in the rescue for a yr overlooked by everyone :(

I didnt realise this about black buns. I bought Sooty because he was black! I thought he was so cute i wondered why he hadnt gone before!
sciencebags060.jpg

Looks quite grey here.

Poor bunnies. I have a black lop and she was overlooked at the sanctury too, because of her colour. Strange because I love black.

Good luck with finding new homes. :D

It's strange but black dogs stay longest at rescue too. I really can't understand it as they are my favourites - especially when they get old and go grey round the muzzle, my heart just melts!

donna-arc said:
It's strange but black dogs stay longest at rescue too. I really can't understand it as they are my favourites - especially when they get old and go grey round the muzzle, my heart just melts!

I sooooooo agree with you about old greying dogs, simply gorgeous :love:

That's why we got Rolo coz I knew black dogs stayed in longest... and he's black all over with a little white goatee! :lol:
I hope you can find homes soon Kathy, we have loads in Kirkby too (just got 4 black 15 week old ones in on Sunday)... but it seems to be slow for visitors lately... :(

Our Jet was over looked in the Sanctuary for eight months because he was black.

After Jet had chosen us the sanctuary told us that black and white rabbits just don't get chosen, we couldn't believe it.

Jet is such a handsome little boy

I hope they find good homes soon and look forward to seeing pictures

Love from Jet, Lui, Treacle (Alison and Stephen)

Now folks don't get me started - you know when folks mention black rabbs - Zac just seems to appear instantly.

zACSLEEPIN.jpg

If only folks would try to look for personality rather than looks and Rescue's are brilliant for knowing this about a bunny. It was slightly different as Zac came to me from a Bunny Run so I knew very little about him and he was a bit bewildered for a few days but Rabbit Knapping him was one of the best things I ever did - heeee's booooostin :D

Good luck with the rehoming Kathy - will keep paws crossed for your fab black bunsters :wink:

Caz

What a bosta - presume this is Cosmos - you know I'm pretty sure I saw this lovely Bunster when I was collecting a bunny for Adeleeee last year from Kathy - at that time I only just had Zac so you were real lucky I didn't Rabbit Knapp - such a stunner :wink:

Aww that's such a shame.
Can't think why people wouldn't want them, ours are all so cute.

Just had to get on the bandwagon and post pic of my little princess :)
(sorry it's so huge)
4b226f8b.jpg

We didn't even think of colour when adopting our two, they were just so sweet natured.

Well, Squidgy chose us, but he's black, and I never really thought about his colour before. He is so beautiful..
squidgy-carrot-tongue.JPG

Can't take in any more at the moment though, I'm afraid. Good luck finding homes for them.

Jumping on the bandwagon as well.
Here's my black cutie. Adopted from Elaine in Manchester.

Treacle (formerly known as Jake)
DSCI0067.jpg

Mum to Harry, Marmalade, Smudge and Treacle

All those black buns are gorgeous :love: I love the piccie of Zac flat out its sooooo cute.

I have a black and tan bunny, not a fullly fledged black one i know but still a cutie

bram1.jpg

I keep joking that black buns would be perfect, especially when they are moulting :lol:

I wear black all the time, and every day I have to remove all the white hair that sticks to me before I leave the house :lol:

OMG I cant believe you still have Ollie Kathy :shock: would of thought he would have found a home ages ago :( Hope your feeling better :D

Back