• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

stopp pooping everywhere!

bunnylove

Wise Old Thumper
how do you get buns to stop pooing everywhere, they are wee trained most of the time (hermonie and Hagrid) but poop everywhere i have tried moving the tray but it makes no difference, i leave the cage door open but they never go back into use it, i am running out of ideas, please help

Eve x

don't know, but once you find out, tell me because Kovu is a mighmare for it.

ive got this problem too Eve, except Elvis has decided he doesnt want to use his litter tray at all!!! He keeps weeing and pooing on the carpet!!!!

Any advice would be most welcome! :D

Seems to me that some just do?? From reading this site I'm not sure if anyone has the answer? Unless you litter tray is so huge you can have their food and fave things i n it where they are more likely to stand for a while. Guess vinyl floors throughout the house and a personal bunbum cleaner is the answer :lol: :lol: :lol:

Sooty said:
Hmmm must keep us posted as they grow (buns that is) :lol: :lol: :lol:

i will do

i will hermonie (12 wks) is growing like a weed she is already bigger than bracken who is 2 years old! hagris is trying to play catch up god bless him!

Hiya, well if you have tried moving the litter trays to where the bunnies naturally choose to toilet and that has not worked, then I guess they are just marking everywhere in sight :roll: :roll: :lol: :lol:

In the past we had a persistant pooper too, so after trying every trick in the book, and chasing her around with dustpan and brush to show her where to toliet...I took drastic action :shock:
I confined the bunny to a much smaller space for a few days, once she had got the idea to use the trays properly then I gave her a bit more space...again for a few days, and then gradually added more space, but each time there was a breach of the pooping rules, we reduced her territory...and about a month later we were back to the bunny having full run of the place but now fully litter trained :thumb:
Persistance and patience does pay off in the end, but it is a slow process, Rome was not build in a day!! :lol:

Adele said:
Hiya, well if you have tried moving the litter trays to where the bunnies naturally choose to toilet and that has not worked, then I guess they are just marking everywhere in sight :roll: :roll: :lol: :lol:

In the past we had a persistant pooper too, so after trying every trick in the book, and chasing her around with dustpan and brush to show her where to toliet...I took drastic action :shock:
I confined the bunny to a much smaller space for a few days, once she had got the idea to use the trays properly then I gave her a bit more space...again for a few days, and then gradually added more space, but each time there was a breach of the pooping rules, we reduced her territory...and about a month later we were back to the bunny having full run of the place but now fully litter trained :thumb:
Persistance and patience does pay off in the end, but it is a slow process, Rome was not build in a day!! :lol:

adele i have tried this, i have cleaned there area and each time they go i sit there and pick it up and put it in the litter tray and have locked them in there in enclosure in the house most of the day but they still do it everywhere, WHAT NOW!?

Amy does this! (although she isn't a house bun) She keeps changing her mind about where to poo and now she has 3 litter trays in her hutch and run! I thought I was making good progress cos she was pooing in the tray in her lounge and bedroom was nice and clean but now she is going in bedroom again :( When I first got her she went in her tray downstairs but then one day she just stopped and decided upstairs was better!!

Some ppl say that neutering helps, but I have an un-spayed doe who is perfectly litter trained and always has been!

It may get better once you get them neutered but I think it may just be them!!!! :D

Nicola

nicolar said:
Amy does this! (although she isn't a house bun) She keeps changing her mind about where to poo and now she has 3 litter trays in her hutch and run! I thought I was making good progress cos she was pooing in the tray in her lounge and bedroom was nice and clean but now she is going in bedroom again :( When I first got her she went in her tray downstairs but then one day she just stopped and decided upstairs was better!!

Some ppl say that neutering helps, but I have an un-spayed doe who is perfectly litter trained and always has been!

Nicola

i have to wait until there old enought to be neutered :shock: i think hubby may kill them before then, its the only stipulation i get to having house buns that i train them and quick,

my first doe was cleaner before she was spayed he was mericlously clean before being spayed you hardly ever had to clean her hutch more like refresh! but since being spayed she is a bit more free and easy (actually come to think about it thats probably because her male friend is a mess sod!

eve x

I would go with Adele's advice then and restrict their space til they catch on! Or run after them with a dustpan and brush :D :lol:

My experience is that when I had two bunnies, their litter box habits are immaculate - once more were added, they deteriorated from all participants. They are much better in their cage where they use their litterbox reliably! But outside - not a chance. So I have given up... :lol:

LurcherGirl said:
My experience is that when I had two bunnies, their litter box habits are immaculate - once more were added, they deteriorated from all participants. They are much better in their cage where they use their litterbox reliably! But outside - not a chance. So I have given up... :lol:

but there not even clean in there cage indoors!

I have the same problem with my two now. :? When they were separate simba's cage was really tidy.. rarely a poop out of place.. Nala was a bit messier but seemed to improve after a while. Now they are together their cage floor is always covered in pooo and wee. They have finally stopped weeing outside their cage as one or both of them did this for about a month after getting together but i often still get poops around.. altho they do tend to be near to the cage. I just keep tidying them up and putting them back and hope one day they will both use the tray again. I remember when i first got simba it must have taken him at least 6months to be tidy with his poops so im guessing its Nala that has messed it all up :lol: Keep perservering :wink:

Skip plops everywhere (you should see the hover !! :shock: ) I think that it's just what he does and i am used to finding poss in the strangest places around the house (even in the toilet !!)

Back