• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Cat Flaps

julia

New Kit
Sorry if this has been asked before, but I have just fenced off an area just outside our back door for Casper. At the moment for him to get out there we have to leave the back door open. I think a cat-flap would be a good idea, but I wondered which one to get (normal or large size) and how you train a bunny to go thru it. Casper is about 6.5 pounds in weight to give you an idea of his size.
Thanks for any help,
Julia :)

I have never heard of using a cat flap before, but as long as the garden area is blocked off and safe, then i think it is a super idea!

I guess a bigger one is a better idea, so bunny does not get stuck or panick.
To encouridge bunny to use it, keep the flap part open so it is open for him to freely go in and out, and see where he is going.

Have you got the Spring edition of rabbiting on? There is something in there about cat flaps for rabbits...

I think as long as your bun was safe from predators when it went out, then the buns can learn to use it!! :D

Back