• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

signature...I'm useless :(

houndour

Warren Scout
Ok, here is the beginnings of my signature, although now I've got new pics of twiglet and eeyore I might change them...

sig.jpg

I was wondering if someone could help me. I have photoshop 5 and I want to get a layer, like a frame around all the pics. Any tips? I don't know where to start, I'd like them to be kind of feathered, so the edges blend in. But I'm having a nightmare with the feathering thing. It doesn't seem to do anything.

Sam

I'm sorry, I cant help you, I'm clueless about those things! I just wanted to say your aquarium is beautiful, it caught my eye immediately!

awww thanks :) I love my fish tank. I seem to spend all my time these days rabbiting or fiddling with tank :)

Am googling at the mo for help on photoshop. :|

I think i know what you mean... i have the modern version of photo shop but it should be the same.
what you do i go onthe the marquee tool and up the top there should be a setting bar like this(or similar);
psp.gif

see were i circled it in red? change that number to about 5, depends on how feathered you want it.

Then, copy the main bit of the picture that you want normal(hard to explain) then go around the whole picture and delete it so it looks like this;
psp2.gif

and then paste the part you copied so it looks like this;
fin.gif

I hope thats what you wanted to know other wise ignore this lol

p.s if you can't get it right i can do it for you :wink:

I would help as I use a lot of feathering but I use Fireworks, as I feel it is a lot more useful. I do have Photoshop but version 9 so it might be different. I am sure you will get there soon. :D

frejay that is _exactly_ what I want. I have the latest photoshop at work, so I might try and use your instructions there in my lunch hour!

Also have fireworks at work, but I'm more of a photoshop fan. Just useless at graphics! My collegues are all designers but they never have time to help. You think they might help me really? oh sod them.

Thank you for taking the time to do the screen shots. Will post the results monday!!

lol yeah I know what you mean - most designers never want to help. I have the same problem when I want tips but I always end up training myself :? But it can be rewarding as you find your own style :D

lol, there's no need to lie! I know it looks rubbish. I am no designer at all. do not have an ounce of creative blood in me. Still I finally managed to do the feathering, thanks frejay!

No i really think it's great!, i could'nt do anything like that in a million years!!!! Emma (toby) did mine for me!!

houndour said:
lol, there's no need to lie! I know it looks rubbish. I am no designer at all. do not have an ounce of creative blood in me. Still I finally managed to do the feathering, thanks frejay!

That's really good!!!! Well done!

It’s a first attempted (I think) and it’s a good one. It’s true that you either have the designers edge or you don’t BUT that does not mean you can’t create good stuff if you don’t. If you need any help at all feel free to ask I don’t mind at all. It might improve it to maybe put more colour in as the backdrop then just solid black? Or maybe put some white squiggles in to funk it up a bit?

It’s a first attempted (I think) and it’s a good one. It’s true that you either have the designers edge or you don’t BUT that does not mean you can’t create good stuff if you don’t. If you need any help at all feel free to ask I don’t mind at all. It might improve it to maybe put more colour in as the backdrop then just solid black? Or maybe put some white squiggles in to funk it up a bit?

It is a first attempt...at a signature anyway.

I wouldn't mind some advice. It is very harsh isn't it? The black?

One thing I want to try and do is some kind of montage of the fish and tank. I'm not having luck blending one pic with another though.

If I did get the montage thing going on, I'm not sure how to incorporate eeyore, twiglet and sandie into it.

I'm open to ideas. I don't really have much else to do in my lunch hour at work.

Perhaps make eyore twiglet and Sandie the main focus and do a fishtank background for the whole thing?? I agree about the black dominating a bit. Oh. try a fancier word art for the writing. It took me ages to figure out how to post a pic never mind making a sig WELL DONE YOU!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! :D :D :D

Perhaps make eyore twiglet and Sandie the main focus and do a fishtank background for the whole thing?? I agree about the black dominating a bit. Oh. try a fancier word art for the writing. It took me ages to figure out how to post a pic never mind making a sig WELL DONE YOU!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
aww thanks :D

Maybe give the background an underwater look?
:shock: I'm not an artist!

I might take you up on the sig offer I saw you posted in the general forum :D

Back