• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

strange question

suzy_d

Alpha Buck
hey guys just wondering iv just been to see my rabbit and hes got quite a few string of droppings joined by real thin hair and i was wondering if anyone knew what it is...?hes acting fine and eating normally

hmm i dont think its anything to worry about, does he have an extended belly? it might be a hairball but its good that its filtering out of his system!

Hiya, this can happening when they injest alot of hair. Is he moulting at the moment? Try grooming him daily to get rid of the lose fur. Keep an out out for his droppings getting smaller.

Tam

yes!! hes moulting a lot at the moment and I am brushing regularly, if they get smaller what does it mean? :D

Small poops can be a symptom of the gut having troubles, if it continues and/or he stops eating then you need to have a chat with our vet.

Making sure he eats plenty of hay and grooming as much fur out as possible should means he's fine though :D

Tam

Back