• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Indoor hutch...

Frejay

Young Bun
Hello every one!
About 6 months ago i was devistated when my 1 of rabbits 2 babies were stolen, along with thier grandma, and then Zeta(babies mother) died suddenly when she chocked on hay, and so i didn't get any more rabbits. :cry:
All my out door hutches have since been removed, an you guessed it, now i want to get another baby! I know that my parents will not let me get any more out door hutches(permenate ones anyway) because Granny clover had the rabbit version of adhd and always destoyed the grass in an hour :roll: lol...basicly; indoor hutches-- will a large one be alright for one rabbit that will be free ranging for atleast 5 hours a day, if it's cleaned regualy?

All i gotta do now is win the parents over :lol:

Thanks
-Frejay

That sounds fine to me. My bunny lives indoors in a big cage but has freedom everyday to run around.

Sorry to hear about your other bunnies, I would be heartbroken if someone stole my bun

Hiya Frejay, so sorry to hear about your bunnies, that is really sad :(
How lovely that you are considering getting another bunny (or two :wink: :lol: ) and I am sure with a bit of arm twisting you can convince your folk to agree to having a house rabbit :p
A large indoor cage sounds fine as long as the bunny is having a run out each day..you could also consider buying a large dog crate instead, as these tend to provide more space for your money.
Our indoor bunnies have a dog crate, with a Cat Loo and dog basket , plus plenty of toys and hay balls to keep them occupied.
Please keep us posted and let us know when you have a new arrival :p
Best wishes
Adele and the Sanctuary wabbits

yup id suggest a dog crate or the larger of the ferplast cages if you only having 1 bunny and they are going to get out a lot.
If you want a dog cage ebay is probably the best place to look for one.. its where mine came from.

I have a dog crate too and it's fab. I had a hutch indoors for a little while but Sophie got too big for it :shock: The dog crate is much easier to keep clean and looks nicer in the house too!! :D

The biggest one that you can have or afford. The one I have for Sophie is suitable for a doberman!!!!! :lol: :lol: I'll have a hunt for the website I had it from, it was only £57 inc delivery and they did smaller ones too!!

Mine is a 48" one.. when i went to get it the man asked what sort of dog i had as the one id ordered was very big! I just giggled and said actually i have 2 rabbits.. he tried to persuade me to have a smaller one as it would be easier to carry and take up less space but I tried to explain rabbits needed the space too. He looked at me like i was totally bonkers!! :lol:

ooops sorry freejay.. just noticed you are in New Zealand so Ebay wont be any use to you over there.. do you have dog cages over there? If not a big indoor hutch would be fine!

Diddeen said:
ooops sorry freejay.. just noticed you are in New Zealand so Ebay wont be any use to you over there.. do you have dog cages over there? If not a big indoor hutch would be fine!

Oops, sorry, I didn;t realize that either :oops: :oops:

Imoa yes we have dog crates!! Lol!! I never thought of a dog crate, great idea! I also thought that i could some how connect the cage to a play pen of some sort so when we have visitors ect bunny will have more room ;)

:cry: :cry: I asked mum if i could get another bunny and it was a firm NO! :cry:
Im allowed one if i get rid of my rats-but thats not somthing im prepared to do. so i remain rabbitless(for now...mwahahah)

Back