• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

I got 1/2 a yes....UPDATE YaY!! :)

Charliesangel

Warren Veteran
I am looking into rescueing a girlie bunny so blaise can have a girlfriend once he is neutered. I already have a big enough cage for two buns, huge hutches for the summer, and all of the supplies, all I need is the bun :D ! The problem was that I am still living with my parents and I'm already "pushing it"(as my dad likes to say) with having two buns. I talked it over with my mum and she said as long as its okey with my dad. So, I have half the vote, now I have to go work on my dad! Here is a picture of the little cutie...her name is Beatrix now but I am planning on naming her daisy :love: :love:

Beatrix3.jpg

Beatrix1.jpg

and here is blaise, aren't they So cute together?

Blaise4.jpg

I am in love :love: :love: :love:

-hehe-, I would do the whole speech and presentation about bonding but I did that getting my first rabbit, charlie. I will show him some of the information on here though, thanks for the replies!

okey, one more question. First I'll tell you the whole story.

In order to be able to get daisy, I am going to have to get blaise neutered this week(which was planned anyway). Then, If my dad agrees I will fill out the adoption application and if they approve me, work out a date when I am going to pick her up. Then, blaise and daisy will live seperately until blaise's hormones go away and daisy feels comfortable in her new home. When that piriod of time is over, I am planning on bonding Blaise and daisy. If the bonding goes sucsessful by July 16th, I will be very happy. That is the day the buns will have to start spending more time outside in their hutches and then blaise and daisy can share a hutch, and oliver can have his own. If the bonding is not sucsessful, I will have to get another hutch, or try to bond her with oliver. Do you think this is too stressful for her? I would wait until after summer but thats 2 months away and I'm afraid she will be adopted by then. I just have this really strong feeling that blaise and daisy will be so good together, and I dont want to pass that up! Please state your opinions on what you would do if in my situation, I think that will help me a lot! Thanks again~

Is she done? If so you could take Blaise along to the rescue to gauge how things may go. If things look promising then it will make the whole process a lot easier and you won't have the worry of ending up with three bunnies in three seperate hutches.

Also if she is done you could start bonding straight away. True Blaise may be a sexual pest for a bit but it will die down and you will be halfway there with the bonding. Cosmos decided for me when he wanted to meet Violet. She was neutered and he had just been done when he scaled the 2.5ft storage cube divider to spend the day with her. When I got home there were a few tufts of fur and he was mounting her every so often but they were pretty much there so I left them together after that.

Caz

Yes, she has been spayed. I think she has been at the shelter for about a year now so its really sad! Thank you for that advice, I will consider bringing blaise with me if, (I mean WHEN :lol: :lol: ) I adopt daisy!

Harry chose Smudge, by letting him bonk his back!! :lol:

Show the photo to dad, then lay it on thick about the poor life this little one has had. Failing that resort to tears, it always works with dad's :lol: :lol: :lol: (well it did with mine when I was younger)

Charliesangel said:
oh, he'll give in, I know it! my mum is already on my side so he has no chance :lol: :lol:

:wink: :lol: :lol: :lol: Beautiful bunnies, no wonder you are in love!! :D

I'm getting so nervous, I want to ask my dad but I'm so scared of what he will say. I'm pretty sure he'll say yes, or that he doesn't care, but still. I was going to ask him today but he wasn't home at all, he's so busy I can never get a word in! Well maybe I'll try tomarrow!

Good luck! I'm sure he'll say yes. No one can resist a bunny, especially not one that cute!

Awwwww beatrix/Daisy is soooo cute how could any daddy resist her :love: Goodluck you could always try sunday morning breakfast in bed :lol: :lol: :lol:

one more question...lol....sorry! They wouldn't really tell me anything about daisy except that she is spayed and litter trained. The only thing on the website is pictures of her, no info. On another website(kind of like rabbits united) called petfinder.org(which is a search engine for all of the rescues) I saw her and it said she was an american lop? I have heard of an american fuzzy lop, but not just american. Can someone clear this up for me?

UPDATE:

Okey, I was planning on asking my dad about daisy in private, when he is in a good mood. I asked my mum nicely not to bring it up at all, and let me handle it. Of course, at dinner tonight, she brings it up and I am forced to ask. So, I told him and my dad brought up the fact that "TWO RABBITS IS ENOUGH" and then he said he would think about it and wouldn't tell me until possibly tomarrow! He knows how responsible I am and that I dont even need anything else except the bunny, everything that I have is big enough! Its making me crazy! I'll keep you updated tomarrow when I hopefully get my answer..

We cracked him! He said yes! I am sending in my application tonight, and blaise is being sceduled for his "appointment"(neuter) for thursday. By the time they get back to me about the application, he should be neutered! I am very excited but my dad made it very clear that if it doesn't work out with my daisy, no more buns, and I'm okey with that! Just wanted to share that with everyone and I'll keep you updated with how the adoption goes along.

UPDATE- application just sent in, now all I have to do is wait!

Back