• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.
  • Please Note - Medical Advice

Please keep in mind that posts on this forum are from members of the public sharing personal opinions. It is not a replacement for qualified medical advice from a veterinarian. Many illnesses share similar symptoms but require different treatments. A medical exam is necessary for an accurate diagnosis, without which appropriate treatment cannot be given.

You should always consult your vet before following any suggestions for medication or treatment you have read about. The wrong treatment could make your rabbit worse or mean your vet is unable to give the correct treatment because of drug interactions. Even non prescription drugs can do harm if given inappropriately.

We are very grateful to members who take time to answer other members questions, but please do be clear in your replies that you are sharing personal experience and not giving instructions on what must be done.

Urgent Medical Advice: If you need, or think you might need, urgent medical advice you should contact a vet. If it is out of working hours phone your vet's normal number and there should be an answer phone message with instructions on what to do.

Medicine's

loopylop

Wise Old Thumper
Hey guys,

I'm trying to get my bunny 1st aid box sorted. I have looked through sticky's etc. and have found some things I need to get... only I'm not sure where I can get them from. Here are the things I am struggling with, can anyone help? Thanks!

Sterile Wipes (that are safe for buns)
Supreme recovery
AviPro
Tamodine
Critical Care formula
Baytril
Kittymalt

I have looked through various websites too and many don't have these things.

I think you can get supreme recovery from Bunnymail and Bunnybasics, my local vet supplier ordered me some. You can only be prescribed Baytril by a vet.

Baytil is perscription only so you won't get that til affer you have seen the vet for the problem.

Recovery & critical care are different brandsof the same thing.

Tam

ahh, ok! No problems, just want the 1st aid box up to date. Was getting the stuff from the list in the sticky's!!! :D

goodness loopylop your 1st aid box is rather comprehensive :shock: I haven't heard of half these things :?

Re sterile wipes, I think you can get these from the petshop, but I also have baby antiseptic wipes from boots which I thought would be ok :?: Haven't used them yet though.

:lol: there was a list someone had done on a sticky that was really good! Plus my mom bunny sits sometimes, I would like to know the box had everything in there that she may need! (with very long instructions of course!!!!) :lol: :lol:

I should do one really, with seven bunnies I should be prepared. Although saying that any problems they are wipped off to the vets. I have rescue relief, wound powder, Tea tree skin cream, but nothing else.

i find keeping probotics, infacol, science recovery and stop the bood for nails are the best thing to keep all the rest you can get from the vets if needed!

eve x

thats true too! Sophie bent a nail and I was straight to the vets the next day!!! (It fell off by itself and I still went!!) Better safe than sorry! You guys might be right, I might just get the rescue relief and infacol and stuff like that.

thanks Caz! It's helpful to have a site where you can get most of it at once rather than loads of different sites... the p&p costs add up otherwise!!

Back