PDA

View Full Version : FAQ Article Requests

Tamsin
12-05-2005, 09:23 AM
We like the idea of a reference section; so we're gonna put one together. We need you to write for it though :)

So we don't have people duplicating articles there is a list of topics below, if you want to write on that topic add a note below and I'll stick your name next to it. Similarly if you have an idea for a topic post a note and I'll add it.

Once your've written your article you need to send it to myself or Adele so we can just double check it and then we'll pop it up.

There is plenty of reference information in the care section so the idea of the article is to pull it together into one place so it's easy to read. You can also reference outside links.

Article Subjects

Hand Rearing
Neutering Males - Diddeen
Neutering Females - Diddeen
Grooming
Vaccinations - bunnytales
Wee
Sneezing
Teeth
Nails
Feet
Digging - Phill
Litter Training
Eye Sight - ellepotter
Fly Control
Pregnancy
House Proofing - Tree
Toys - loopylop
Hay
Gut Stasis - Adele
EC
Skin Problems
First Aid Box
Bonding - Tam/Adele
Elderly and Disabled bunnies(Jay/ Adele)

Teeth (Caz)
Tooth root infections - Caz
Abcesses
Front Teeth[color=green][color=green

loopylop
12-05-2005, 09:48 AM
What about veg?? When Sophie was a baby, I had no idea what veg to give her and when!! It took a lot of researching, it would be great for people to have it on hand here! Oh and maybe dangerous plants that people have around the house?? Just a thought.. :D

Phill
12-05-2005, 09:52 AM
I could do digging tams! my buns do alot of that! and vaccs if needed

loopylop
12-05-2005, 09:57 AM
I can help woth toys of you like! :D

bunnylove
12-05-2005, 10:07 AM
how about food i know we have a sticky but lots of people keep asking what to use and how much! (dried)

eve x

loopylop
12-05-2005, 10:11 AM
Sorry to add another topic Tamsin, bout what about "First Aid Box"?

People on here have mentioned so many things that they have to hand just incase! I had to ask what "Kittymalt" was :oops: !!! That's what is fab about this forum, people are from all sorts of places and have so much great info and experience to share!!! :D

RipleysRatPack
12-05-2005, 10:21 AM
how about food i know we have a sticky but lots of people keep asking what to use and how much! (dried)

eve x

Hiya

Could you point me in the direction of the sticky that gives that information? I have looked in the sticky at the top of this section but I can't seem to find it! :oops:

Thanks!

loopylop
12-05-2005, 10:27 AM
http://forums.rabbitrehome.org.uk/viewtopic.php?t=132

I think that is it ripleys!!!!

Caz
12-05-2005, 10:43 AM
Sorry to add another topic Tamsin, bout what about "First Aid Box"?

People on here have mentioned so many things that they have to hand just incase! I had to ask what "Kittymalt" was :oops: !!! That's what is fab about this forum, people are from all sorts of places and have so much great info and experience to share!!! :D

There is a topic in "Useful Topics" about this but again there are off topic bits in this too. Perhaps it could be condensed into an article?

I don't think I have enough knowledge to write a whole article but we all have our own experiences to contribute. I don't know if this would work but we all send our throughts on a topic to a named person "in charge" of the topic and they collate it into an article e.g. if I took teeth - everyone could email/pm me with their experiences of problems with rabbit teeth and I could collate it into an article (drawing on my own knowledge about Zeus' problems). As I have never experienced teeth cutting/burring or abcesses but have lots of info about tooth root infections and treatments! I could then reference sections to particular sources like I would when writing a scientific article.

Caz

Tamsin
12-05-2005, 10:48 AM
Your welcome to team up on topics :) Hopefully alot of the info you need is right here, it just needs putting together.

Tamsin
12-05-2005, 10:48 AM
Articles can also be added too, so if we post the final thing and you think of something that was missed it can be added.

Tam

Caz
12-05-2005, 10:54 AM
Your welcome to team up on topics :) Hopefully alot of the info you need is right here, it just needs putting together.

True I could run a search on "teeth" on RU - think I may be there some time going through it ;)!

Caz

Phill
12-05-2005, 10:54 AM
That is a brilliant idea Caz, i could do quite a few if people were to send me there stuff. I am quite bored at work at the mo with nothing to do and i think this would be really interesting. Tamsin could you allocate a few topics to different people then and everyone could send in there bits?

Tamsin
12-05-2005, 11:10 AM
Yep, okay :) With bigger subjects one person can collate the smaller sections from other people. So Caz, your incharge of teeth :) Anyone wanting to volunteer for a sub-section of teeth can choose a topic and send their bit to Caz to add to the final article.

For searching try to be a little more specific e.g. teeth burring, teeth clipping, front teeth; select search for all terms; limit it to the rabbit care section; and display as posts to see a quick over view.

Tam

loopylop
12-05-2005, 11:12 AM
When would you like these done for Tamsin? Can we include small pics or would you like to stick to text??

Tamsin
12-05-2005, 11:17 AM
In your own time, there is no set deadline :) If you find you don't have time after picking a topic, you can always let me know and we can open it up to someone else or you can pass your notes on to someone else to finish up.

If the article would benefit from pictures then certainly include them. Remember they need permission from the owner though. You can always link to website that have pictures.

Edit: If you do include picture, please include a text description too though :)

Tam

RipleysRatPack
12-05-2005, 11:19 AM
http://forums.rabbitrehome.org.uk/viewtopic.php?t=132

I think that is it ripleys!!!!

Hiya I looked at that one but it doesn't seem to have info on dried food and hay, which are the best to use, how much to use etc.

Tamsin
12-05-2005, 11:21 AM
There is an article I wrote on RR on dry food which might help you: http://www.rabbitrehome.org.uk/care/rabbitfood.asp

loopylop
12-05-2005, 11:26 AM
It will be interesting to read all of these once they have been done!!! :D

Toby
12-05-2005, 01:23 PM
Maybe there should be an article about “Bonding”….that comes up often. :D

bunnytales
12-05-2005, 01:28 PM
Hiya Tams - I'd be happy to do the Vaccinations one for the Forum - I presume you don't need loads and loads of text - just factual Question and Answer type stuff with maybe some illustrations too if I can get them :?:

SOAD
12-05-2005, 01:33 PM
I would really love to write one, but reading them I don't think I know anything about any of them :cry:

Adele
12-05-2005, 01:35 PM
This is just like being back at school again and having homework :wink: ..those were the days hey :) ...this is good fun and hopefully informative for other bunny Mummys and Daddys at the same time :) :thumb:

loopylop
12-05-2005, 01:37 PM
With 7 buns Tree, wouldn't litter training or house proofing be good for you??!! :lol: :lol: I couldn't imagine house proofing for 7 buns, Sophie is enough! We have to cover everything!!!!!!!

bunnytales
12-05-2005, 01:38 PM
I would really love to write one, but reading them I don't think I know anything about any of them :cry:

:) Get outta here Gal - how many bunsters have u got :lol: :lol: :lol: - Some gals will just come up with any excuse :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

Come on gal - get yourself sorted and have another shufftie at the topics :D

SOAD
12-05-2005, 01:39 PM
Actually House proofing is one I could do, I learnt the hard way. Years back Beatrix decided to eat her way through my newly installed central heating (luckily no harm to her), I had to have an electrictian out on a bank holiday monday to rewire the lot, Ouch I didn't make that mistake again. :lol:

Adele
12-05-2005, 01:41 PM
Actually House proofing is one I could do, I learnt the hard way. Years back Beatrix decided to eat her way through my newly installed central heating, I had to have an electrictian out on a bank holiday monday to rewire the lot, Ouch I didn't make that mistake again. :lol:

There you go then Tree, you can write from experience, add a bit of humour too if you like :wink: :lol:
As long as you get the info across then you can write in your very own style :)
Are you up for having a go then Tree? If so, we can pop a cross next to the topic for you :)

bunnytales
12-05-2005, 01:42 PM
Actually House proofing is one I could do, I learnt the hard way. Years back Beatrix decided to eat her way through my newly installed central heating (luckily no harm to her), I had to have an electrictian out on a bank holiday monday to rewire the lot, Ouch I didn't make that mistake again. :lol:

There you go Gal :wink: - thats a brilliant one too Tree - I think I'd better pay special attention to that one as Zac already munched our main telephone line - awwwww anything for a quiet life eh :lol: :lol:

SOAD
12-05-2005, 01:44 PM

There you go Gal :wink: - thats a brilliant one too Tree - I think I'd better pay special attention to that one as Zac already munched our main telephone line - awwwww anything for a quiet life eh :lol: :lol:

:roll: Bob has recently done that too, now the phone is back on and wrapped in an inch of gaffer tape. :lol:

Thinking about it, I am going to be rubbish at it, so far all I can think about is,

Tip 1 buy loads of gaffer tape and wrap everything with it.
Tip 2 Love your wall paper? Well kiss it goodbye, because it's gone :lol:

Tamsin
12-05-2005, 02:00 PM
How about I pop you down for it and you start it off? If you get stuck you can always pass in on to someone else to add more too. If you have books or a look around the web that might give you some more ideas for things to write about. Or just start with a list of things your bunnies have eaten and then write how to protect them :lol:

Caz
12-05-2005, 02:26 PM
Ok so I got myself a big one :shock: !

My vet said that teeth are the most common reason he sees rabbits - so I am going to need loads of info!!

I know a bit about spur removal (Athena had them when I got her) but nothing about tooth abcesses (expect for the info on rabbit refs) or the process of burring down front teeth - techniques, frequency etc. Tooth removal info has been on the forum a bit - so there should be some info on what to feed them and how they cope (cheers Phil for the link).

I am hoping to bother Twiggy to compare treatments as his Fudge had his teeth taken out because of a tooth root infection by the same vet who is attempting to treat Zeus' tooth root infection with antibiotics so it would be interesting to compare the treatments and also to note that the same vet will asses each rabbit as a seperate case so one treatment may not be right for every rabbit.

Good luck everyone!

Caz

SOAD
12-05-2005, 02:34 PM
How about I pop you down for it and you start it off? If you get stuck you can always pass in on to someone else to add more too. If you have books or a look around the web that might give you some more ideas for things to write about. Or just start with a list of things your bunnies have eaten and then write how to protect them :lol:

Yep Ok,

I can do the None house proud version of bunny proofing, or the lazy cow's guide to bunny proofing or even bunny proofing on a budget, but if you want bunny proofing to fit into you sleek home designs I'm not your girl. :lol: I will see how I get on.

bunnylove
12-05-2005, 02:39 PM

Yep Ok,

I can do the None house proud version of bunny proofing, or the lazy cow's guide to bunny proofing or even bunny proofing on a budget, but if you want bunny proofing to fit into you sleek home designs I'm not your girl. :lol: I will see how I get on.

:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

HAY ADELE can we have something on bonding from u PLEASEEEEEEEEEE,
i want to try bonding bertie but am too scared!!!!!!!!!!!!!!please!!!!!!!!!!

Adele
12-05-2005, 02:46 PM
i want to try bonding bertie but am too scared!!!!!!!!!!!!!!please!!!!!!!!!!\

Oh NO! what have we started ..it appears that I will be ending up with more and more essays to write at this rate :lol: :lol: . I thought Tams was doing something on bonding..did you finish your little project on bonding Tams...?? Tams may have more material to hand on this subject..my methods may not follow the general guidelines..I have made it up as I go along over the years till I found a method that worked for me...have never really read much about the subject though :oops: :lol: :lol:

If Tams has already covered this with her project then perhaps she may be best to write this one, but if not, I am happy to have a go...for what its worth! :lol: :lol: .especially as you asked so nicely Eve :)

Tamsin
12-05-2005, 02:50 PM
Getting there Adele, everytime I think I'm nearly done I find another aspect to cover - its a big topic :? I hope to have something to send you way for reading soon though ;)

Tam

Adele
12-05-2005, 02:52 PM
Getting there Adele, everytime I think I'm nearly done I find another aspect to cover - its a big topic :? I hope to have something to send you way for reading soon though ;)

Tam

I know what you mean Tams :roll: :roll: ..you start these what appear to be relatively small projects and then they just grow and grow!!! :lol: :lol: :lol: You have a reason to get it finished now, as i need to refer to it for my bonding essay...unless you want the honours?? :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

bunnylove
12-05-2005, 03:12 PM
i want to try bonding bertie but am too scared!!!!!!!!!!!!!!please!!!!!!!!!!\

you way sounds good to me adele, i am scared please help!!!!! :?: :?: :?:

Oh NO! what have we started ..it appears that I will be ending up with more and more essays to write at this rate :lol: :lol: . I thought Tams was doing something on bonding..did you finish your little project on bonding Tams...?? Tams may have more material to hand on this subject..my methods may not follow the general guidelines..I have made it up as I go along over the years till I found a method that worked for me...have never really read much about the subject though :oops: :lol: :lol:

If Tams has already covered this with her project then perhaps she may be best to write this one, but if not, I am happy to have a go...for what its worth! :lol: :lol: .especially as you asked so nicely Eve :)

you way sounds good to me adele, i am scared please help!!!!! :?: :?: :?:

anon101
12-05-2005, 06:02 PM
I would love to do the Eyesight one! :D

Louise.

Adele
12-05-2005, 06:15 PM
I would love to do the Eyesight one! :D

Louise.

thats great Thanks Louise, I am sure Tams will pop your name down for that very soon :wink: :)

MoBunny
12-05-2005, 10:33 PM
What about caring for the elderly or disabled bunny?

I have a few 7 years olds and would like to know more about how to help them as they get older and the problems I might face. Having never had older bunnies until now and I would like to take on more older bunnies from rescues I could do with some advice.

Over to the experts!!

Maureen

Phill
13-05-2005, 10:00 AM
Well i have done my first draft for digging and sent it to Tamsin!!! Is biting fingernails!!!! im sooo nervous! :shock: :lol: :lol:

Adele
13-05-2005, 10:21 AM

Maureen

Maureen that is a fab idea :D .we have elderly and disabled bunnies here, but I know someone who may be better placed to write this article...our very own Jay ..I will email her to see if she can help :wink:

Tamsin
13-05-2005, 02:07 PM
There you go its up! We thought your bit on digging was great :D

So who is next?

Tam

Phill
13-05-2005, 02:08 PM
Thanks tamsin i got really excited when i saw it :D :D big beaming smile and everything!!! are there any others you would like me to do?

SOAD
13-05-2005, 02:09 PM
I've not started yet.

The digging one is cool. :D

loopylop
13-05-2005, 06:18 PM
I've not started yet.

The digging one is cool. :D

Neither have I!!! :?

anon101
13-05-2005, 06:34 PM
Where is the digging article posted?

Louise

anon101
13-05-2005, 06:37 PM
Oppss!!!!!!! Just realised where it is!!! :oops:

Jaypot
13-05-2005, 06:38 PM

Maureen

Maureen that is a fab idea :D .we have elderly and disabled bunnies here, but I know someone who may be better placed to write this article...our very own Jay ..I will email her to see if she can help :wink:

**Gulp** - I'll give it a go but it will take some time - do you realise how many disabled and elderly buns we have :?: :shock: :shock: Yikes, put down on paper it seems so hard to do :shock: I know, I'll get Scoot to write it :roll: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

Diddeen
14-05-2005, 11:56 AM
I'll give the neutering topics a go if you like.
If anyone wants to send me anything then feel free but i will hapily give it a go. Might not do it this week as im at my parents but stick me down for both neutering topics :D

Tamsin
14-05-2005, 04:43 PM
K, thats down :)

Jay - maybe take one disability at a time and write on it, you don't have to do them all at once :D

Don't take too long tho, I might start handing out detentions :lol:

Jaypot
14-05-2005, 06:56 PM
Jay - maybe take one disability at a time and write on it, you don't have to do them all at once :D

:shock: :shock: Yes miss :P :P :P :lol: :lol: :lol:

beck
16-05-2005, 07:59 PM
I'd like to help, I don't have a lot of time and I'm certainly no expert but I'm sure I could squeeze one in.... What about nails? not too in depth for me :D and I have to clip white and Black nails with my two.

Tamsin
16-05-2005, 08:05 PM
Go for it :D If everyone write alittle about what they know we'll ave lots!

Tam

anon101
17-05-2005, 05:41 PM
Just sent you my article Tam! :D

Louise

bunnylove
17-05-2005, 05:44 PM
whos doing rabbit pregnancy and litters?

Eve x

Tamsin
17-05-2005, 06:34 PM
Thanks Louise, it looks great :D I'll pop it up in a bit.

Tam

Adele
17-05-2005, 07:07 PM
[quote=Adele]

**Gulp** - I'll give it a go but it will take some time - I know, I'll get Scoot to write it :roll: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

oh Brilliant Jay, good on you for having a go at writing the article, I am sure it will be fantastic :) ..but as for getting Scoot to write it..well that is cheating!! Bunnies doing your homework whatever next :!: :roll: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

Adele
17-05-2005, 07:10 PM

:shock: :shock: :shock: :shock: Oh not the dreaded D word :twisted: :twisted: :!:!! and dont tell me , we have to write thousands of lines too if we are late handing in the articles :? :lol: :lol: :lol:
Head Teacher Tams, please can I be excused from writing my article for a few days :?: I do have a letter from the bunnies explaining why, so hopefully you will give me a few days grace :wink: :lol: :lol: :lol:

Caz
18-05-2005, 09:13 PM
Phew - think that is mine done!

Caz

Tamsin
18-05-2005, 09:25 PM
Well done Caz, brilliant article, I've popped it up in the reference section :D

Jaypot
18-05-2005, 10:13 PM

Caz

Teachers pet :P :P :P :P :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

Blow, haven't even started mine yet :shock: *runs off to do some work*

Caz
18-05-2005, 11:19 PM

Caz

Teachers pet :P :P :P :P :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

Blow, haven't even started mine yet :shock: *runs off to do some work*

And the apple is in the post, on its way to Tamsin, too!! :P :lol:

Caz

SOAD
26-05-2005, 11:49 AM
Just finished mine where do I send it?

Diddeen
26-05-2005, 09:36 PM
I sent mine to you Tam via your email.

Tamsin
26-05-2005, 10:23 PM
Well done, I've put those two up in the reference section :D

Ta for the apple Caz ;)

Tam

Maaike_Butter
27-05-2005, 05:01 PM
Sorry I'm in a rush and can't read the whole thread, but could anyone make an article about keeping rabbits cool, both indoors (for people without aircon of course) and out?

loopylop
30-05-2005, 04:20 PM
Tamsin,

I sent you my article, please let me know when you get it to make sure I sent it right! It all went a bit Pete Tong when I was sending!!!! :lol:

Rexy bexy
05-06-2005, 03:15 PM
hi,
sorry only just noticed this lol so havnt read every ones posts, if there is anything i can do just give me a shout :D
becky

bunnytales
05-06-2005, 04:41 PM
Yo Tams/Adele

Did you get my Vaccination one through o.k - it seemed to take ages to go so I wondered if the pickies had got stuck in Techno Hyper Space :roll: :?:

Tamsin
05-06-2005, 04:43 PM
Yep, came through okay - thank you :D I need to give Adele some instructions on photo uploading so there is room in my account for more photos. Its full of piccies of her buns atm ;) Will get it up later today tho.

Tam

bunnytales
05-06-2005, 04:53 PM
I need to give Adele some instructions on photo uploading so there is room in my account for more photos. Its full of piccies of her buns atm ;)
Tam

:lol: :lol: :lol: Falls off seat laughing - :lol: :lol: - and the best of British Gal - your gonna need it :!: - Keyboards, Buttons, Uploads and Adeleeeee somehow just don't go together me thinks :lol: :lol:

Awwwwwwww I feel a lettuce slap coming on :shock:

Adele
05-06-2005, 08:05 PM
[quote=Tamsin]
:lol: :lol: :lol: Falls off seat laughing - :lol: :lol: - and the best of British Gal - your gonna need it :!: - Keyboards, Buttons, Uploads and Adeleeeee somehow just don't go together me thinks :lol: :lol:

Awwwwwwww I feel a lettuce slap coming on :shock:

HUH!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! :twisted: :twisted: Well you can take that darn lettuce and stick it where the sun dont shine :twisted: :twisted: :!: :!: :shock: :shock: cause I sorted out the problem on my Computer all by myself the other day so there!!! (Sticks tongue out at Lany!! :lol: )..so you may just be looking at a techno whizz yet..there is always hope .....remote as it is!!! :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: (and the more remote I am from electrics the better!! :twisted: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: )

SOAD
06-06-2005, 02:18 PM
hi,
sorry only just noticed this lol so havnt read every ones posts, if there is anything i can do just give me a shout :D
becky

Hiya couldn't you do Pregnancy couldn't think of anyopne more qualified. :D

Rexy bexy
09-06-2005, 05:59 PM
hi,
becky

Hiya couldn't you do Pregnancy couldn't think of anyopne more qualified. :D

oh ye i could do, i will do just need to find the time, so i will be able to start it in a few weeks
becky

Tamsin
12-06-2005, 09:44 PM
Thats Lany's up :D Anyone else want a go?

Tam

Tamsin
14-06-2005, 04:50 AM
Anyone want to take first aid? All the info is here: http://forums.rabbitrehome.org.uk/viewtopic.php?t=792
It just needs combining into an article.

Tam

missblondebunny
26-03-2006, 04:33 AM
Hi...

ive just read this

i could probably do fly control and hay if no one has done/doing them already...???

missblondebunny
26-03-2006, 04:40 AM
also

how about a topic on 'behaviour' and maybe ways to solve common problems????

(i have a feeling this may be a long topic) but i feel all people can develop their skills with their rabbits, and learning why rabbits do certain things. i could certainly benefit from more behaviour advice and how to develop routines of 'treating' so called behaviour.

i have a 'problem' rabbit - ive read all the books etc and i still dont really know where to start...

what about 'housing' there are many threads asking about suitable measurements etc for their hutched/shed rabbits...

missblondebunny
15-04-2006, 01:38 AM
do these articles still need doing??

no one has replied to me...

toffeepudding
17-04-2006, 10:50 AM
I knew people wouldn't check here so when iwanted to do one I posted in the forum information section. Try doing that, then tamsin will see it.

missblondebunny
17-04-2006, 11:02 AM
I knew people wouldn't check here so when iwanted to do one I posted in the forum information section. Try doing that, then tamsin will see it.

i have pm'd tam and had no reply about the articles.

il pm her again

thanks

Tamsin
17-04-2006, 11:04 AM
Hiya,

Sorry, i missed your post. Yes, please do go ahead and write something :) You can see from the reference section what's already been covered :)

Thanks!

missblondebunny
17-04-2006, 11:05 AM
Hiya,

Sorry, i missed your post. Yes, please do go ahead and write something :) You can see from the reference section what's already been covered :)

Thanks!

:lol: :lol: :lol:

have just pm'd you

ok il start on hay/fly control and il have a go at sneezing!!! :D :D

kayw1
02-02-2007, 01:42 PM
Could you do an article on aggression please. A few months ago, my normally affectionate rabbit started lungeing me and throwing things at me and I was quite startled by this because both of my rabbits are well socialised and are not ill. I tried looking it up in books and then it stopped on its own. I am particularly interested in lungeing because it is something my rabbits do a lot and it isn't because they are spooked!

Jemma&Theo
08-02-2007, 07:41 PM
The best way to litter tray your bun is to get a corner tray.

We use sawdust in ours but you can buy pellets DO NOT USE CAT PELLETS

look where in your buns cage he has been weeing and put the corner tray there with 8/9 little poos (or whinnets as we call them) and a sprinkle of soiled sawdust.

Rabbits wont use the tray if it is too clean or too dirty.

I use a mild cage cleaning spray to clean the toilet but always replace a sprinkle of urine after cleaning.

if you havent got this to hand- mix up a solution of warm water, a tiny amount of washing up liquid- a tbsp of vinegar and 1 tbsp of lemon juice (for the calcium)

if there is a calcium build up- leave lemon juice on it overnight then rinse.

http://i169.photobucket.com/albums/u206/jemmayale/blogger.jpg

rabbitproblems
17-07-2007, 07:35 PM
hi.i need everyones help please.

Im doing a project in resistant materials for school at a.level about rabbits, and as apart of the research i need to ask people if they have any ideas about what i could make because i need to make a project which would be suitable for a wide range of people to use and it would be useful to hear your views on rabbits which would generate more ideas for me etc, so its not cheating by asking for your help.

Does anyone have any suggestions on a type of product that i could make which yourself or your rabbit/s benefit from?? any ideas would be much appreciated.

Thea & Bobbin
18-08-2007, 12:40 AM
hi.i need everyones help please.

Im doing a project in resistant materials for school at a.level about rabbits, and as apart of the research i need to ask people if they have any ideas about what i could make because i need to make a project which would be suitable for a wide range of people to use and it would be useful to hear your views on rabbits which would generate more ideas for me etc, so its not cheating by asking for your help.

Does anyone have any suggestions on a type of product that i could make which yourself or your rabbit/s benefit from?? any ideas would be much appreciated.

Hi Rabbitproblems,

You should probably post this in the Rabbit Chat section, more people will see it.

I'm not entirely sure what you are asking about :? Do you need to design something for rabbits and rabbit owners using resistant materials?

Here are a few ideas of what we use a lot!
Housing - cages/hutches/small hideaways
Toys - some are made out of plastics however most people prefer natural materials, and these need to be edible by the buns because they chew... in most cases this means that they are not resistant, at least not to rabbits teeth! :lol:
Carriers - for taking the little ones to the vet

Perhaps if you post your question again in the Rabbit Chat section, with some examples of resistant materials we can give you some advice on what could be made out of them :D

Thea

karen1980
29-10-2007, 08:55 AM
Hi I saw an article last week on bunny first aid kits but I didnt copy the pineaple and infacol doses down properly for treating the inital signs of GI statis until the bunny can get to the vet.

Do you know where it is?

Im trying to put a folder together to reference illnesses, treatments and general first aid bits.

Thanks

ness12
29-10-2007, 09:26 AM
The first aid box thread is here: http://forums.rabbitrehome.org.uk/showthread.php?t=46658

The bit about pineapple juice is near the end i think.

Jack-Bun
10-02-2008, 12:49 AM
I wouldn't mind helping with toys??

If that is ok with everyone else??